If you are a BGA member and have any interest in pursuing Level 1 Certification, check this out... The SCAA is now offering the BGA Customer Service class as a webinar! Considering that this class is only occasionally offered, and considering that
Got the bad news that our Clover needs a new mother board ($$$$). We will fix someday, but for now we will setup a three station drip bar (Intelli is providing the equipment). Should have it up and running in a few days. Any advice anyone wants to sh
I went out of state and hit this coffee shop on the way back...
Does anyone else use a espresso machine that does everything automatically? He didn't use a grinder, no tamping, no portafilter...nothing. He just hit a button. Then to top it off, the
I currently own a small cafe. I went from being the one of 4 staff members to the owner of the cafe with 10 employees. I'm having a difficult time re-training my staff members to perform the way I would like them to as opposed to the way the previous
this is always interesting and probably been talked about a dozen times on here, but i'm curious (and new to this community), how do YOU do a cappuccino?
Been doing it for several years now, everything from refrigerated display cases to espresso machines and back again... been screwed once or twice... bought a few dogs but all in all... not so bad.
This is the latest... my tech wanted them because he s
BLOC Coffee Co. is a third wave, third place, specialty coffee shop located in East Price Hill just west of downtown Cincinnati. We use locally and micro roasted coffees from Deeper Roots Coffee and would love to make you a cappuccino with Snowville
Conscious Cup is moving! We are building a new Roastery and Cafe, over the next 40 or so days we will be doubling in size, adding a kitchen, adding a cupping/demo lab, a stage and much more seating. Every day I'll be posting an image of our progress.
A tiny shop with a ton of personality located on Skånegatan (or Gibraltargatan) in Göteborg, Sweden. We're not too fancy but we make excellent drinks, excellent food and we guarantee an overall excellent experience.
This may not be ideal for most - but I really enjoy it.
I have a spare steam wand that was rarely used, so I attached a tube to the end of the wand and ran it under the drip tray to the other side of they tray so it pokes up slightly through a hole
I have no idea. I honestly do not have a idea what to blend to make a breakfast blend. One customer told me it was an acid free coffee. Coffee is acidic. Nothing I can do about that. I wanted to suggest that they add baking soda to cancel the
This one's for the roastahs! Does anyone have any suggestions for a fast/effective way to clean out the little holes in the cooling tray? We have been vacuuming and using a rotating tool (time consuming) just wondering what other people are doing. On
Hi, am a coffee grower in Vanuatu (Efate island) and we are establishing a processing unit to produce roasted/packaged (arabica) coffee... we need grinder, roaster (3 to 5-10kg per batch), etc. new or 2nd hand... Thanks. François.
From simple to complex, what do you think is fair to ask or expect of new hires? Experience is important but how do you sort out the good talkers from great performers? Other than a probation period?
Just wanted to know if anyone had any advice on how to further develop one's palate. We've been doing public cuppings at our shop recently and it's a lot of fun and a great way to practice recognizing characteristics of our coffee. I
I work at a coffee shop that has a couple locations. The one that I mainly work at is at a hospital. There's a huuuuuuuuuuge difference in taste of coffee from the hospital location to the other store. I found out that the hospital over filters th