Ka‘u Coffee Festival 2010
Shawn Steiman describes his impressions from the recent Ka‘u Coffee Festival 2010 in his blog.
Have you been there too? Share what you have seen.
Eyal
Shawn Steiman describes his impressions from the recent Ka‘u Coffee Festival 2010 in his blog.
Have you been there too? Share what you have seen.
Eyal
Hello! I have a stumper for all techies out there with flojet pump system experience. We installed two systems at a drive thru 7 months ago. One goes to the espresso machine and has nothing else in line. The other supplies water to the triple sink, h
Read more…If you had an hour to talk to 2 new baristas / shop owners about espresso machine cleaning and maintenance what would you say?
What have you learned from NOT cleaning/maintaining your machine?
What time saving tips have you found for daily cleaning?
Wha
Am Ivan a Barista in Uganda,my cry is more support and networking between the Baristas from across the world to improve our brewing techniques.
Hi Everyone,
I stumbled across this article today...
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0218468320100302?type=marketsNews
Apparently, in response "to customer demand for larger cold beverages", Starbucks is testing a 31-oz size for their iced tea and i
I was just reading an article about how cafe grumpy is serving a $12 cup of ethiopian coffee.
I just finished restoring a 1997 Brasilia Portofino 2GR/DIG and now that all the essentials are where they need to be, I'm looking into aftermarket steam wand tips/nozzles and having absolutely no luck. I've worn out the poor Google machine trying t
Read more…alright ya'll, post pictures and stats of your espresso shots! prettiest shot wins a free double espresso at my shop if you ever get to Asheville. 20g dose 30 sec extraction @ 195 F ~2 oz. shot café remon blend, our espresso blend (sumatra, ethiopia
Read more…Cost of New Leaf 5 Gallon Gravity Bin $135
I had a n adjustment manual once from Franke, lost. Anyone know where i can get one? Manufacturer? Got plenty of parts blow ups. HALP CECIL HALP
Read more…We are making some changes and are willing to make aggressive deals on some equipment sitting in storage.
I have:
3 FETCO CBS2052 coffee brewers http://www.espressoparts.com/2052
1 FETCO CBS2052e (the newest model) Coffee brewer http://www.espressopart
Does anyone know a wholesaler that sells the hard plastic reusable frappe tumblers?
what would you say was the hardest part of starting your own business? Any sound advise for a future entrepreneur? Is it all location? Quality? a combination? Demographic? Plus, is it better to hook up with local roasters? Inindate me with knowledge
Read more…I noticed the last few days when I brew a 16oz on the clover there seems to be an "over-flow ring" around the puck... anyone know what the deal is with this? Is it a screen/filtering issue?
I was thinking maybe not all of the water was getting pulled
I started my career as a barista almost two years ago as a way to help pay my way through journalism school. I'm approaching my last semester in college, and I've decided that I don't want to give up my tamp and portafilter completely. I'm looking fo
Read more…Looking for an experienced barista take job at 2%jazz in Victoria Bc. Immediate response required. You must be fun, energetic, focused and skilled to get the job. Health care plan available.
Read more…Has anyone ever started, been apart of, or heard about Co-op coffee shops? Have they worked? Is it easier because both the time and capital need are less for each person or does it create more problems? I'm interested in any information or opinions a
Read more…
Do any of you have any recommendations for a home roaster? Have any of you had any good results with the Behmor 1600 or the HotTop Drum Roaster?
I have been to York for the last few days and just happened across this coffee shop in Kings Square. The coffee was first class ( it was Hasbeans and his own blend) and when I commented it was so much better than I could make Gordon the owner offered
Read more…