Everyone's favorite caffeination station between Portland and Seattle. Come by and check out Olympia's first dedicated 100% Organic micro-roaster and sample some excellent coffee served up by Oly's best trained baristas.
One of my other businesses just purchased a label printer. It does high quality full color labels and stickers in just about any size and shape. Would anyone use these for their cups? Does anyone use them currently? If so how much would you pay and w
I've tried to find some data on revenue per square foot. I know Apple is extremely succesful in their retail space with $4,000 per square foot, but most other retailers run about $1,000 per square foot. These numbers are for merchandisers, and not fo
Moon Doggie is located in Bergen County NJ about 2 miles west of NYC. We are at the centerpoint of the ten most populated miles in the U.S. - and we are the ONLY artisan coffee roaster in the entire area! How sad is it that no one wants to take the t
This is the conclusion to a discussion that I started a couple of months ago.................
Went something like this...
Hi folks, I've recently gotten an older model 97 La Marzocco Linea AV. I would like to put some flow restrictors in but have h
So here is a problem that I run into on most of my pours . . . ghosting. It's when, right before the white white starts to show up, the espresso/milk starts to lighten up significantly. Then as I continue the pour, this "ghosting" effects my contrast
Cayman's longest established and largest coffee house company. Original location Marquee Plaza (loft internet with 8 computers wiht 24" monitors and leather couches), patio seating, high ceilings. Camana Bay is largest location, almost 2,000 square f
I was reading through some business plan literature and an example of a business that planned to buy smaller-capacity equipment, a lower-quality register system, etc with plans to purchase higher capacity and quality equipment in the future as the co
Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the cold brew systems? I was sampling some last week and it was really smooth.
http://www.toddycafe.com
Would a tea bag work just as well?
I was steaming some milk in my steam pump espresso machine (a small home model) a few days ago when an urgent situation came up that I had to tend to. I turned off the machine, but neglected to remove the wand from the pitcher of milk. When I returne
Coffee Cupping
Cupping is one of the coffee tasting techniques used by cuppers to evaluate coffee aroma and the flavor profile of a coffee. To understand the minor differences between coffee growing regions, it is important to taste coffee from arou
I've been told by Wikipedia.com that espresso has less caffeine than drip. However, when I check on Mayoclinic.com, I read that they are about the same. What's going on here; does drip coffee indeed have more caffeine than a pulled espresso (assume t
Hi all,
Wanted to share the news about an event that is in the works for November. The Southeast Regional Chapter of the BGA will be hosting a regional jam on the weekend of November 13th 2009 in Charlotte NC.
We're planning a pretty good lineup of