Kick off the new year, in a new shop, with us in Columbus.
Date: January 24
Where: Impero Coffee Roasters, Columbus
http://imperocoffee.squarespace.com/
When: 2 p.m. -5 p.m. General discussion (Geeking out on vac pot to french press)
5 p.m. $5 Latte
Big city taste with a small town friendly atmosphere and rock bottom prices. Open 7 days a week. Focus on using only Michigan roasted coffee and local dairy. Always have three origin of brewed coffee available and SWP decaf. Open 3 years, 7 days a we
As a roaster we are ever vigilant about the green coffee we buy. We cup and cup and cup some more. Our hotel and restaurant customers demand it; As do our mom &pops and our Specialty shops as well.
How do you dicern good coffee from the rest?
When
Looks like we are going to have to get out of the business. Does anyone have any suggestions on the value of commercial coffee gear? Most of it is 5 years old and all of it is quality gear that has worked fine for us this past year, other than minor
The Buckhead Coffee Company- Atlanta and our subsidiary Espresso Atlanta have joined Synesso as the exclusive sales and service partner for the Synesso Cyncra and Hydra for Atlanta and all of Georgia.
We are honored and grateful that Synesso's Ann H
Well, I just got my Google Wave invite, and am still trying to figure it out, but have started a wave talking about pre-infusion of espresso and it's affects. Wanna join? Let's join some people up!
Mines beanryboy@googlewave.com
Heyo,
So let's hear it, gang - who all is going out to Coffee Fest this year? The Northeastern Regional Barista Competition is there, as well as the Millrock Latte Art competition, plus the usual trade show mumbo jumbo. I'll be there, competing and
In Celebration of reaching the 3000 member mark at Barista Exchange. Espressoparts.com and bX have joined together to create the first of many Barista Exchange T Shirts.
The Viva Barista logo has been screened onto the front of 100% cotton T shirts
I thought the not-so-original ripoff of the Shakespeare soliloquy would garner at least some attention..
I'm strongly considering the addition of a roaster to my plans for a shop and sourcing quality green beans from an importer. The inevitable ques
Espresso Manager.
What would you include in this description if you were to looking to move from the front of your shop into the back room (where the roaster is!)?
I'll run the job by staff and if there isn't anybody up foir the job I'll post locally
Registration has officially opened for the 2010 22nd Annual SCAA Exposition "The Event" to be held in Anaheim, CA.
Register today by visiting: http://www.scaaexposition.org and clicking on the "Register Now" ticket.
The 2010 Event will feature:
Th
I was sent an email from Gina at Espresso Partners about a very special story about a fellow barista. I wanted to share her email and am excited to hear about Em's success given her special needs. Go Em!
- Matt
A Very Special Barista
I had the ple
Hey bX'rs! Today we topped 8000 active members, very cool. I am so thrilled with the community that has been developed here, and thank everyone for really shaping this site into what it is today. I hope everyone is enjoying bX and appreciate the supp
Dear Baristi, I am in the process to open a coffee house in Kelowna, BC - Canada. It should be ready by the end of January 2010 and I would be interested in finding a full time barista who would be able to do latte art. He/She needs to have a working
I went through the Drive Thru this am and complained. They said they couldn’t do anything about it.
So I wrote to Ronald McDonald myself: see below!
Dear Ronald,
It is not typical for me to complain and particularly so in writing, and never to
It goes without saying that one of the many reasons people drink coffee is due of the caffeine content in addition to the heavenly flavor. I realize that caffeine is a drug of sorts, and that (similar to everything else in life) moderation is key.
I
Dear Coffee Lovers,
I am living on the west coast for the time being working for a very well respected coffee company. I am planning on moving back to my hometown in MI within the next 12 months. I have been working on biz plans and have been workin
I'm about to start training a bunch of people and i'm perusing the internetz for some articles for a primer for my "trainees" to read before we get started. If you've come across something interesting please leave a link. thanks.
Reading the back of commercial smoothie bases or ice cream is torturous, because half of the ingredients have names and origins unknown and unpronounceable. I'm trying to develop a smoothie base that would be easy enough to make in-house, but would s
After reading and replying to number of topics I have come to realize that many of us have different missions and directions in mind when it comes to the coffee business. Would you share yours here. Almost all I have met here seem to be on the cuttin