Hey everyone, I am trying to decide what grinder to get for my mobile set up. Not super high traffic, but significantly more than a home machine. I have a friend who has a Anno fabricazione grinder but I cant find much info on it. I was thinking mo
In 2008 I inherited a small coffee farm in Central America (Antigua, Guatemala). The farm (the land that is left; about three acres) has been in my family for four generations (the land was bought by my great-grandmother).
It is store policy at my shop, Catalina Coffee, that we never ever serve espresso to-go says so right on our menu: Espresso daily offerings served for here only. Serving espresso to-go we feel compromises what should be the best beverage on our menu.
I'm looking for some suppliers of coffee bags, particularly sustainable/recyclable/biodegradable. Do you know of any, regardless of whether you've done business with them or your opinion of them?
Also, are their directories of bag suppliers? The re
First off and upfront let me say I didn't get to go to some places that receive a lot of praise (Vita, Herkimer, Victrola) but I did get to go to some others that receive a lot of press and praise and I was painfully unimpressed with the coffee scene
I'm looking to place some grinders in our high end coffee shop in the $100 price point. What is the best grinder for that dollar range. Looking for strickly burr grinders, and the quieter the better for home use. Right now I'm considering a B
So its competition season and Summer has hit my region in full force. There is no question that I will be preparing a cold signature drink. I`ve never done a cold drink for competition before. Should I let my espresso cool down or should I add it fre
On top of being a barista, I am also a journalism student. After my classmates find out that I moonlight as a professional coffee geek, I get a lot of responses like, "Ooooh! I love coffee, but I don't know much about it," or, "Isn't coffee just coff
Hello to all... proudly use a 2 group NS Aurelia daily and have one minor issue. I'd like to remove the stock steam tips for cleaning often, but find them rather difficult to remove. Have tried the usual soaking and light wrenching with pliers to no
A local roaster in my hometown in Alaska is looking to up his game and is open to bringing up a talented roaster willing to train. We'll cover travel, lodging, etc. Any takers?
Going to Portland (Oregon, that is) for 5 days next month to visit fam and am looking for some new places to check out. Just any coffeehouse that roasts their own coffee and is doing something cool and different but is not overly hipster :)
Anyone know where I can find a RELIABLE source of #1 filters for a V60? It's a crap shoot with the suppliers I know of, as to whether or not they will be in stock, backorder, discontinued... etc etc. Driving me nuts... NOT the number 2 filters, th
Again travelling a bit. Anyone know anything about the coffee scene around Virginia Beach and Norfolk? Anyplace in particular that I should check out for some real quality coffee? I am thinking a little about relocating to that area and may also be l