Fair Trade: What Price for Good Coffee
Article just posted on Time, "Fair Trade: What Price for Good Coffee." Curious to see reactions and opinions.
Read more…Article just posted on Time, "Fair Trade: What Price for Good Coffee." Curious to see reactions and opinions.
Read more…In his first video blog, Jim Hoffman tells us what he thinks about crema. http://tinyurl.com/j7crema Has anyone else tried something similar? It reminds me of the french press method that Mark Prince has been advocating as of late, which I have bee
Read more…Used La Marzocco GB/5 3 Group - AV This came out of a high end office complex that recently went bust. Approximately 2 years old, but barely used. It was hooked up to water filtration system the entire time. Includes all the portafilters, baskets, s
Read more…SAVOR A DELICIOUS CUP OF BORESHA COFFEE AND HELP SAVE A CHILD’S LIFE. Invisible Children, Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide healthcare, safety, and education for the children of northern Uganda. With coverage on Oprah, CN
Read more…Calling all Baristas and coffee enthusiasts! The NW Regional Barista Competition is less than a month away...if you are interested in competing in this exciting event, and would like more information, visit www.scaa.org or click on the links below!
Read more…One of my favorite things to hear in the shop from customers is the dreaded phrase "I'll just go to Starbucks." I get it all the time when a customer doesn't find what they're looking for or when we're out of a particular syrup/drink. It's like they
Read more…Okay, I am thinking this measurement is extreme and tends to make the coffee way to strong... My husband says it is absolutely to strong and not what we should go by for brewing our coffee at the shop. He says the customers will never drink the coffe
Read more…I posted this in my blog, but also wanted to start it as a discussion in the comments section. From my blog: "Are we there yet?"
Read more…Now Open in Pittsburg's Old Town District! Steeltown Coffee and Tea is East Contra Costa Countyʼs only independent, third-wave coffeehouse specializing in top-quality espresso, coffee and tea beverages while being dedicated to social responsibility a
Read more…I normally put my flavor in the cup first, then the 'spro, then the milk. But does it matter when the flavor goes in? before the espresso? after? or how about when the milk is already in the cup?
Read more…i am in the process of opening a coffee shop in my city and wanted to know how shall i design the menu of my coffee shop?what things should i consider while designing a cool menu?also i wanted to know that does the espresso machines come with an inbu
Read more…In nice surroundings, with a view over the marketplace and Norway´s biggest lake "Mjøsa", Café Colonialen serves: Lunch, dinner and take away food A big selection of cakes, sugar-free and gluten-free cakes Fresh squeezed juice, a variety of teas, re
Read more…Any barista's in the metro Detroit area want to work next weekend? contact me asap. oct 3/4/5
Read more…So I wish I was at coffeefest. I know many of you are there and if you get a chance would you care to post a little this and that about the brouhaha around you? I am indeed envious. Cheers! -Adam
Read more…= coffee rehab. I am not talking about the few in St. Paul that are extraordinary, but almost all but 4 in the Minneapolis area that cannot even figure out which end of a portafilter to use. They heat ( I won't even use the word steam) milk up in pla
Read more…So I manage 5 coffee shops on my college campus and it seems like I have the same problems every year and no matter what I do I cannot get them fixed. I have a brand new espresso machine that was put in just over a month ago and already on Monday it
Read more…I don't know if it's the sun or what, but lately I've had a lot of funny customers in the store. Here are three prime examples of the exchanges I've had. 1: Customer: Do you have any hangers I can borrow? Me: no, sorry we don't Customer: what about
Read more…Does anyone have any current, successful protocols for maintaining equipment cleanliness and proper operation in their coffee cupping lab that you're willing to share? We just moved offices and I have a brand-new big lovely lab. I want to review and
Read more…Hey everyone. I have found myself in southern Idaho. Namely Pocatello. Small town, and I need some suggestions for coffee. Espressomap.com doesn't have anything, and there are just a few too many to try them all out in a reasonable time. I'm only he
Read more…