i needed some venting time... let me preface with the fact that i'm still in the learning circle when it comes to latte art. so, when i pull off a sweet rosetta (by my standard) i get pretty stoked, only to be crushed by the following events. the guy
Think Coffee is an independently-owned cafe with a socially and environmentally conscious bent and a community-oriented mission. They serve only Fair Trade, shade-grown, organic coffee, Fair Trade, organic teas, and local milk fresh from the Hudson V
Hi everyone,
Just in the design stage right now and trying to gauge how much space is enough behind the counter. I want to maximize the space on the floor for my customers but also ensure my staff can work effectively behind the counter. Any thoughts
I'm headed up to Portland for the first time, finally. Sept. 4th(late evening)-8th(early morning). I'd love to spend some time behind the bar. If anyone will have me, free coffee is all I need!
Lookin forward, can't wait to make the rounds!
Cheers,
We are thinking about adding gelato and pannini with our coffee. Any recommendations for any grill and/or gelato machine would be most welcomed and greatly appreciated! Budget is a factor. Thanks all.
Mark Twain Ice & Coal
i heard through the wire that there was a cafe vita opening up in Portland, Or. I am a huge fan of their coffee and was wondering if anyone new where the store was opening up at?
Thanks
Tyler
A while ago I ran across a term to describe the act of pouring a shot of espresso over a finished blended drink. Now I have forgotten the term. I have had a couple of these recently and like the effect. Anyone know what to call this?
Hi everyone,
I would like to know, in your opinion, which is the best Barista School (or place to learn the Barista Profession) outside the US.
Best regards,
Federico
Hi! I am new to this sight and am hoping someone out there can help me. I recently acquired a coffee cart that needed some maintenance. Currently I have the pump pushing water to the espresso machine (la Pavoni 3PV2), water is heatin up, but will not
We stopped into Ritual on Valencia this morning and were blown away by the espresso and friendly staff. Thanks Ian for the amazing shots. Who else works in the Bay area who would like to pull a shot for a vacationing barista?
Thanks,
kevin cash
Just for your entertainment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTQfr_tyY
The BBQ Song by Rhett & Link & The Homestead Pickers
FYI: different coffees go well with different BBQ.
Has anyone had any Beloya yet? PT'S just got the new crop in and it is delicious. It has some distinct berry notes in the aroma and a real nice spicy finish I had several cups of Beloya on the clover today. If you haven't tried any yet be sure to get
I realize this is a very subjective question depending on the persons experience, size of company etc but could some of you give me some idea of what a coffee roaster working full time and who is not a partner in the company should expect to be paid?
So by now most if not all of the new central and S. americans should be available. I've heard some Brazils are outstanding. What have your experiences been? What should the world be drinking. Forget Cup of Excellence, I want to hear what the soldiers
I am polishing my Business plan and I'm trying to write our 'Service Philosophy'. Without coping and pasting yours on here, what are the main points that you covered in your SP.
I want to make mine short and to the point and this is an area I tend to