Is it ever okay to ask a fellow barista in a different coffee shop to do a certain drink a certain way, just for you? I'm a local, but not much of a regular...
I'm a barista at a shop that takes a lot of pride in its coffee, and I take a lot of prid
So, I was getting ready for my cupping last week, and each month I feature a curveball coffee, one that I haven't had, and one that's easily accessible to the public, usually a mass market coffee. This past time I happened to be in Target, and though
So, with regional competition coming up fast, in the U.S., I'm finding that people are getting ready for competition already. I've been practicing for a couple months now. I love my job and I love my customers even more. I'm excited to include them i
We currently play music from Ipod playlists, but want to evaluate satellite radio as an alternative. What experience have you had, and can you reccomend equipment?
Thanks
Alright, we looked at a new location yesterday & Im trying to visualize something here. For many years we owned a bookstore/coffee shop & I feel that alot of people saw the bookstore & if they werent interested in books, they didnt come in to get a d
If you are a Barista (which most of your are) when your espresso machine is right in front of you... Is your grinder to the left or right of the espresso machine? Where is your rinse sink? Does your under-counter frig. have hinges on the left or the
Has anyone built their specialty coffee house from the ground up? What advice do you have for someone trying to build the building (not just a drive thru) and start a specialty coffee house?
Hey all, I'm heading to O'ahu next week for a wedding and wanted to know the "must drink" coffee shops on the island. It's been a long time since I was last back home and I don't really know where to go now.
Any suggestions?
If you're interested in mochas, blender drinks or insights from a CEO who runs a boutique business, check out Diary of a Chocolatier.
http://montblancgourmet.com/blog/
Hi,
I have a coffee concession within a deli and the owner is concerned about the power consumption of leaving our FB70 on overnight. It is a 2 group and is left idle for 12 hours each day. It is 220Volt, single phase, runs on 3600 standard wattage,
Here at LAMILL (lah-mill) we are currently using the Teflon coated portafilters, and just started using a steam wand of the same. We have seen some immediate downsides to the portafilters, if you take the baskets out after pulling a few dozen shots o
It's been thrown around a ton in our coffeehouse to better manage the quality and freshness of our brewed coffee by using some method OTHER THAN what we are using currently... We brew up to three different selections (not including a decaf) into 2.2
Hello Barista Exchange!
Wanted to let you know that we have free passes for Coffee Fest Seattle available, and I can email them to you. It is easy to register online. These passes represent a $160 Value, and up to 4 people can register at a time on
Dear Matt,
My name is Gustavo Dos Santos, I work at HSBC Argentina and I´m currently studying to obtain a Master´s degree in finance at UCEMA. I´ve taken a valuation course this semester and as a part of the syllabus I´ve been assigned to value Star
so i'm the rookie barista. i've heard many different things about many different things, and i was curious about one specifically...shots.
now, when i was first taught how to pack a shot (thanks Plantation Coffee, Modesto, CA- woot) i was told that
We will soon be dropping to only 12 oz hot sizes (and only 8oz for caps, and only 16 oz for cold) and I am trying to decide what to do with the drip coffee customers. What might be some possible situations to satisfy the 20 oz drip customer. Add shot
Now, first off, I used to drink Splenda, and this has nothing to do with Splenda itself, but more along the lines of drink making. A similar post was on Coffeed but I decided I'd like the BaristaExchange's community answer.
The other day, I had a cu
Ok this may be a bit basic for some of you out there... but i want answers!!!!
there are a lot of variables involved in the basic espresso process from dropping your beans in the hopper to producing your perfect shot.
My question is this - with any