I use a ditting grinder KFA 1203.What would be the appropriate setting to use? I have never used a stove top machine myself, but I have always assumed that it was similar to a percolator. A customer informed me that it was nothing like a percolator,
Hi. I'm doing a story on coffee and the outdoors for a website called adventure-journal.com. It will be comprehensive about brewing equipment, from lightweight French presses and beyond, but that's only part of the story.
I am trying to get to the advanced options menu but I don't know the key combination to get there. I can only get to the menu to adjust shot times. I want to put the machine on a schedule to shut off at night.
Does anyone have any creative suggestions for packaging for cookies and muffins? Currently we're wrapping them in plastic wrap, but it looks so ugly and transforms our homemade muffins and cookies into "Dexter" style victims. I wish we could put them
What are your thoughts on automatic milk steamers (with a thermometer and auto cut-off at desired temperature, rather than producing textured milk from a nozzle). Are they worth it for time saving, or do they create a inferior and unloved pitcher of
How can we educate the customers who just want coffee? How do we move the industry foward when there is still so many customers reluctant to read the menu and ask what this and that is?
Even with our theatrics of espresso and latte art we still str
I need to buy a new 5 kg drum roaster, and i would like to know your experienced opinion. My approach is to find the best compromise between price and quality, but I'm able to consider the most expensive choice since I'm looking for quality first...I'
I recently highly enjoyed this blog post from a local brewery in Durham NC that really got me thinking. I wanted to post it here for you all to read and think about. I think there are some real parallels to be drawn but obviously we have o
Anyone know why they recomend that you dont use the triple everpure csr in a home. I bought 2 units for a bar install and could not use the other one so I was going to put in in our home! does it not do enough or to much to filter the water? It seems
I feel it is both difficult & expensive for independent cafes to consitently come up with effective marketing strategies to compete with the giants. First, I recognize that my competition is not only the chains such as $tarbux, but also McDonalds, We
Our shop is currently in the middle of a huge website renovation. (www.traderscoffeehouse.com) The one thing that I think our site is lacking is the ability to order our coffees online. We ship out a lot of coffees as it is (via telephone order) b
I already have a Pullman Barista tamper and have just made an order for a Reg Barber tall wenge and was curious to find out if many have both or have compared both
So I work as a roaster, and with the recent weather I had to redo one of my espresso blends on the fly due to a backorder on some bags. I swapped out a Brazil base for a Mexican base on a blend for a certain customer. I informed them of this and tha
We are located in the Hamilton Farmers Market and are Open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7am to 6pm. We serve Vegan Baking, Pour Over Coffee, French Press and pull Detour Punch Buggy Espresso. If you are in Hamilton stop in and say he
Recently the industry experienced a spike in coffee prices (10 year high, so I hear). I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to what this means for the lives of the farmers. Any thoughts appreciated.