Hi there BX'ers, I just have a quick question for any of you La Marzocco Linea owners or users out there, I'm struggling with getting good results when steaming smaller quantities of milk and wondering what other Linea owners are setting their steam
I use Linea AV machines with stock LM diffuser screens and have an ongoing problem with the screens (after about a week from new) allowing water to travel between the diffuser and screen and basically leak out around the edges. This occurs with the s
Has anyone had to get a countdown timer for their brewed coffee? We just received new FETCO urns from our roaster and they don't have the clever little feature our old urns had. The old urns had digital timers built into the stem, which reset automa
So I've done some research on this matter, but I haven't turned up detailed explanations into the pros or cons of freezing whole bean coffee. I've found one commonality, in that the coffee should only be frozen once. I'm hoping to learn about the sci
Me and my two partners are opening a coffee / smoothie cafe this spring. One partner wants to purchase roasting equipment and roast our own (he doesn't even drink coffee) and two of us feel we should focus on getting everything else set and let the p
I am NOT a barista! I am a pastry chef who is opening up a patisserie in Rogers, AR and want to serve basic espresso drinks along with French Press service to compliment pastries and desserts. I am looking for a used espresso machine and wou
Hello! I'm fixing up all my coffee equipment and am in the process of replacing burrs. The blades on my Bunn G3 seem extremely dull. Replacement burrs run about $200! Is there some way to get them sharpened for cheaper? Must they be replaced (they p
Has anyone seen the plastic coffee cup lid applicator that McD's uses in their McCafe?
It looks like a "top hat" and applies even pressure around the rim of the lid - perfect every time.
I can't find anywhere to buy this, and am hoping someone in the
I manage a coffee kiosk on the Public Transit line in Portland, and am the barista trainer there and at two other shops that have the same owner, all serving Stumptown.
Every week, part of my job is to come up with a Barista Developme
Don't miss the Northwest Roaster's Group Winter Gathering, February 4th & 5th, in Portland, Oregon. Hosted by Water Ave. Coffee and the American Barista Coffee School
We are delighted to announce a day full of Burundi Coffee. Coffee delegates from Bu
I'm looking for some feedback on these roasters, particularly the 5Kg model. Does anyone have experience with them? Estimated cost? Pro/cons, comparison's with other commercial roasters such as Diedrich?
I am considering using the Selby Soft POS system and am hoping that someone in PDX has it operating so I can come by and see it in action. I've read all the posts here about it and it sounds great just would like to see how the baristas feel
We have a Faema, in a 65 seat restaurant, on its last legs. Technician is dropping by almost every month replacing one thing or another. I've been extremely happy with this machine so I'm looking at another Faema. For budget my choices are Smart A2 o