I've seen the roaster made by hario online...it looks beautiful. Only 354$ i think. Essentially it looks like a glass capsule tumbler with a crank on the side, and it's got a heat source underneath. I'm contemplating purchasing it, has anyone used it
Starbucks is closing 61 out of it's 84 stores in Australia. This is a lot of stores to say the least. From my understanding, the economy in Australia is not suffering, and other specialty coffee retailers are doing pretty good. I wonder why the huge
is anyone heading up to Coffee Fest in Seattle from Portland at the end of the month? me and one of my co-workers is looking for a rideshare, if there is room in anyones car for 2 pdx baristas we would love to chip in on gas!
I will be opening a small coffee shop in England. We will be heavily focused on producing great coffee ( Synesso Cyncra + Anfim Super Caimano combo) . We will only have 20 covers and generally most of the food will be delivered.
as a former barista currently engrossed with training to become a master roaster, i'm doing a lot of research regarding origins. today i stumbled across a news article talking about SBUX expanding into the chinese growing market and that they'd
We're an independently owned shop with a focus on quality coffee as well as relationships with our customers. This barista must have a strong work ethic, the ability to work well solo and as part of a
1 1/2 year old La Cimbali M39 Dosatron Commercial Espresso Machine. Mint Condition, 2 group with LED screen for options to program, also has shot timers per group head. Machine is in great condition and would fit any coffee shop or restaurant. Curren
Greetings one and all. Trying to get to the root of why I get nice crema but if it sits for 3 secs it kinda goes flat on me. What would some of your thoughts be?
TRAINING TOOLS I am opening a cafe and would like to offfer a visual for my new baristas. You know a illustrated pic of a latte, capp, mocha, etc. essentially cut down the middle so you can see the porportions of all the ingredients. Does anyone know
I'm going to be wandering about LA for a bit this coming Friday, any suggestions on where to go? I've got the 3 Intelligentsias on my list, and a coffee-related photography exhibit, but that's it. Anybody doing anything different, or doing things e
Opened in December 2008, this coffeehouse is a joint venture between two longtime friends. Both of Stone House’s owners operate other local businesses; one a restaurant, and the other a bakery. The coffeehouse provided the opportunity for them to com
Hey BX'ers, i've been thinking about this for a while and would like some of your input.
I was thinking trying to get more pour over bars in coffee shops in my area, and maybe making some money along the way. The idea is to take my V60 set up and dem