How flat is a Flat White?
We've heard of different ways of making a Flat White. What is the best way to make one? Do you hold back the foam? What kind of milk is generally used...and is there latte art? Thanks!
Read more…We've heard of different ways of making a Flat White. What is the best way to make one? Do you hold back the foam? What kind of milk is generally used...and is there latte art? Thanks!
Read more…my current barista setup looks like this: 14 shifts a week, 645a-2p and 2p-915p each day. my good friend dave and i handle the first half of the week, and my two newest employees (keith and amy, both great baristi) handle the last half, with me aroun
Read more…Well, I've finished negotiating with my soon-to-be landlord. We are now on the fast track. I'm signing tomorrow and meeting with my contractor on Friday. Lot's of new equipment to buy, baristas to hire, insurance to get.... My head hurts already ;-)
Hi! Three baristas from Eugene (including myself) are going to Seattle for coffee fest and wondering if anyone might have a couch/floor we could sleep on for a couple nights! Coffee fest is happening on the 29th through the 31st of October.
Hey fellow Baristi!!
I saw this article and was wondering what you all think.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-pohl/future-of-coffee-prices_b_751206.html
I definitely see the push for higher prices for the farmers and like how higher prices are justified in the article.
Finished school, I'm living in San Francisco, and I want to work in the coffee industry. I have no professional food industry experience, and it seems all my applications get shot-down (expectantly, right?).
(My work experience - three years as an
Read more…Can someone please help introduce me to some professional barista books??? I'm stuck in a not so highly knowledgeable in coffee place...help!!
barista in need of new input~
So the other day I was reworking my roast profile for my Guatemala Antigua (I really did not like the way we were offering it), and I decided I got it to where I like it as a drip coffee (City +, not to light but still light). After a short rest (<
Read more…It's my desire to create a shop setting that returns the customer to an earlier era, a time that appreciated the skill and time required to produce a superior product. The location I am considering is a former pharmacy located behind the local hospit
Read more…Title says it all... I forgot to register for another barista and myself to get some of the free passes that were floating around. Anyone still have any or know who I should talk to?
Hi friends,
I found a helpful thread about portable espresso / gas powered setups on here previously started by Gwilym Davies that answered some questions. But I was hoping to get any extra advice you might have since it's been a few years since that
I just got a 5 cup Yama siphon pot with a butane heater. I'm pre-heating the water to 208 degrees in a boiler prior to filling the bottom chamber. The first batch worked out OK'ish, though I over extracted slightly. This AM, I was making another pot.
Read more…I am opening a new cafe in Norwalk, Connecticut and purchased a La Marzocco Linea 2EE. I have ordered a PID kit and was wondering if anyone would be able to assist with the install and enjoy a day of pulling shots, a nice meal out and whole latte fu
Read more…Just wondering how many other shop owners have been threatened by ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and what you have done about it....
Hey! Any unique "Marketing" ideas that have worked well for an opening?
Hey Guys & Gals,
I've been slowly restoring this machine for the past year and a half or so. It's a rare volumetric GS2 that uses the early LInea dosing system. I'm told that it was produced along side the La Marzocco "SMAL" series of machines about 20-something year
Hi, We have a Show demo Egro 5511 Superauotomatic machine that has been used for display and demonstration in a couple of shows but is like new and comes with full warranty from Rancilio Egro Group, S.P.A. Retail on this Machine is $11,799.00 We are
Read more…Here at Caffe Mela all the baristas are going to get their very own custom tamper. I've been looking all over online for some really sweet creative tampers but I just can't find anything much cooler than colored tamps. Please help me and my fellow ba
Read more…