All Discussions (5553)
Latte Art Pitchers!
Lets talk about latte art pitchers! Which do you prefer, what size, brand, shape, what ever. I found myself with what i consider a good collection of latte art pitchers. All different shapes and sizes, I find that different pitchers have there advant
Read more…2011 North Central Barista Competition
Anyone out there havean idea when and where the North Central regional is going to be held?
Read more…What Happened To This Thread?
Someone just asked me and I don't have an answer.
Your favorite Coffee-related Websites and Blogs
I would like to compile a list of the best, most relevant coffee-related blogs and websites out there. These could involve professional baristas or just enthusiasts with valuable insight. They might be about technology, or coffee philosophy, or techn
Read more…Something good about *$$$
Just met with my architect. He mentioned that in Hawaii, all new coffee shops used to require grease traps - outside and underground! Not good in an urban setting like downtown Honolulu. Starbucks took the initiative to get the policies changed. Now
Read more…Tour de Coffee
I've planned a coffee vacation. I'll be in Seattle and Portland checking out all the coffee I can. I have a long list, but let me know if anyone is down for recommendations or being a tour guide.
Advice on choosing between Gaggia GD Compact, Saeco SE200, Brasilia (unsure of model)
Opening a coffee shop in Cambodia, and as all of us are rookies, would love to hear any feedback on:
Eggnog latte
We take eggnog and mix it equally with milk. We find it difficult to steam smooth creamy eggnog as an end product.. It comes out a little bubbly. Is there a trick to steaming eggnog/milk blend that is creamy? Our steaming process with regular milk is
Read more…Los Angeles Barista needed
We r little 3rd wave shop in Los Angeles, we r looking for rocking barista for our exising business and potential opening business.
projectsteamer@gmail.com
Email you resume and tell something about yourself!
Thanks
Kung Fu!!!
ice makers
Being just a coffee and tea house, and rarely serving a glass of ice
water, I'm a bit confused about how much ice making capacity I will
require, and which type of cubes are best for ice coffee and tea.
There are counter-top dispensers that make nugge
What pos software is the best of a double drive-thru espresso shop?
I am opening a drive-thru shop and want a fast and easy to use pos platform. I would like a packagge that allows to choose your merchant service provider and offers magnetic frequency cards. Can anyone help?
Read more…LA health department espresso carts
I am looking for any information on the Health Department rules for espresso carts and daily required trips to a commissary. I would welcome feedback from anybody in the LA area .
Thank-you
Brian
Read more…Moka Pots!
Man oh man am I Happy. I just recently purchased an awesome Bialette moka pot and couldn't be happier. at home I have been making french press, when I'm not at work with my esspresso machine, but then at christmas my brother had me try coffee out of
Read more…Moving to Las Vegas
Hey everyone! I'm moving to Las Vegas and was wondering if there's any independent shops looking for a serious barista. Please let me know. THANKS!
Read more…Hey North Carolina
Hey, I know we have some great coffee thereabouts. 4 of my baristas are driving through, Durham & Charlotte area, sometime tomorrow. Where should I send them? They might be willing to range pretty far afield if you can tell us where. Thanks in ad
Read more…Attention those that attended MANE in Rhode Island
Hey guys I was posting to see if anyone knew the roaster that made the espresso blend circus dog that was used on one of the open lab espresso machines. I remember having it the first night of the event. If anyone has an idea who made it I would grea
Read more…How long does ground coffee stay fresh in doser???????
Hello to all, and proffessional Baristas in particular
I would like to know everyones belief on what is the suggested time frame that ground coffee will still be useable for a fresh coffee once it is in the grinders doser ready to be dosed,
I ask this
California Coffee!!
Hey everyone!! I am in the Palm Desert/Springs area for a week and I was wondering if any of you are from around here and where I can get some awesome coffee :)
Read more…