I am looking for a supplier of quality green beans from the Philippines. I have made two trips this year and have not come up with any in the Lipa, Batangas area. I have moved north and have looked in the Baguio and Bengeut area. I have a broker,
My company has recently had issues with the roaster we've been working with for 20 years and will have to search for a new roaster. Our goal is, of course, to have a product we can stand behind and put our label on, AND have delivered the same day ea
I bought a S.O. Kona medium roast coffee last week that was extremely bright, almost sour, when brewed through my Chemex. I tried different grind settings that had little effect. So, I tried a FP this morning with a very course grind. I brewed for 1
Just wanted to share an experience I had today with those of you that do business with Bunn. I know there are some techs in the group and others that might find this relevant.
Bunn's commercial sales group is apparently in the midst of changing over
Read more…
Considering that different coffee beans vary in density and moisture, and that those factors effect the grind, would it not make sense to grind the beans separately into the portofilter, using say three grinders? It could provide some interesting re
A dear friend of mine, member of the Roaster's Guild, and roaster/green coffee quality guy for Java City, Chris Sanders, was biking to work today, and was hit by a truck. He is in really bad shape right now - his skull was fractured, an
I've been gathering info on vacuum sealers with nitrogen flush. Anyone here have an experience--positive or negative--with a particular unit? I'm looking for one with two nozzles/ports.
I'm trying to build a coffee program and I have most of my equipment already. I'm currently trying to figure out which type of scale to order for weighing out our beans for Fetco and french press. What do you recommend? And do you re
I want to open a coffee shop in the future, and I feel like I have the coffee side of things down for the most part(all though im always still learning of course). But im sure there is a good bit i don't know, stuff that goes on behind the scenes
Located in the Appalachian Mountains of Western Maryland, Trader’s Coffee House is the area’s premier locally owned and operated unique beverage destination. Extraordinary coffee and supreme customer service are our specialty. Our enthusiastic team
So I was working at the coffee shop, you know making various beverages and sort of recollecting several conversations I have had with customers over the years and I remembered one particular that needed expounding. I don't want to "over write" this s
While there are many cafés in Lima, perhaps none is as emblematic as the Café Haiti, which first opened its doors on February 23, 1962. Overlooking
the main park in Miraflores, the Café Haiti has welcomed politicians, writers, artists, tourists, and l