tip jar sign?
Whats the best tip jar sign you have seen or written? "remember tipping only hurts cows" "family captured by ninjas, need money for karate lessons to save them"
Read more…Whats the best tip jar sign you have seen or written? "remember tipping only hurts cows" "family captured by ninjas, need money for karate lessons to save them"
Read more…I work with a coffee school that is closing out on an immaculately cared for La Marzocco GB/5. It has only been in 2 coffee schools and a few demos and has been completely cleaned and backflushed after every use. It comes with a full warranty as if
Read more…Hey all,
Specialty coffee in the heart of Lakeview!
Located at the corner of Belmont and Clark, Kickstand Espresso Bar serves up Metropolis Coffee to the masses. The baristas are beyond talented (and not too bad looking, either), the atmosphere is more than in
Today as I write this posting, I'm deeply disturbed to have to write this, however these are my feelings. I hope that you understand. The purpose of this posting is not to Bash anyone or company, just to voice my feelings and concerns in hopes that n
Read more…It is common to use a water debit test to check for defective vibe pumps, but do any of you use this method for rotary pump output as well? Thanks in advance!
Read more…hey all, i thought it'd be nice to get some discussion going on drink standardization so we can perhaps get a .pdf written up and posted. hopefully good basic recipe standards will help limit the amount of "LOL CAPUCHINO" threads here on barista exch
Read more…Our shop has been reinventing itself for about a year. As we've been working through the changes, there have been adjustments made to the job descriptions and positions. I'm wondering how other shops structure their staff, who's responsible for what
Read more…Hi, so I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about decaf espresso. I know that it behaves a little differently from regular, just from experience, but I was wondering if anyone has found tricks or techniques that help make a better shot of
Read more…So here's a brief run down. I'm a Portland barista and have always dreamt of opening a cafe (like many of us), and the first thing that comes to mind is that I want to do this in Portland. I do. I love it here, it is my favorite, but we're extremel
Read more…Hi all, The cafe I currently barista for simply uses the Torrani Mayan sauce for their "mexican mocha" ... its crap (sorry, my opinion). They'll never change it because they have little creativity, but I'm wondering what you're favorite mexican mocha
Read more…6th - Mike Marquard, Kaldi's Coffee Company (St. Louis, MO)
5th - Charles Babinski, Intelligentsia (Chicago, IL)
4th - Sara Peterson, Verve Coffee Roasters (Santa Cruz, CA)
3rd - Devin Pedde, Intelligentsia (Los Angeles, CA)
2nd - Chris Baca, Verve Coffe
Just wondering how many shops out there serve frozen drinks and what kind of mix do you use. What have you had elsewhere that you like. What to you hate more than the power of a ten thousand suns. Well at least over 9000!!!!!!!
Read more…Shenandoah Joe Coffee Roasters was established as a small batch coffee roaster in 1993 in Charlottesville, Virginia. We currently offer over
25 varieties of spec
I have a super nice fetco drip coffee maker. These machines are great Brendan 503-750-5493
Read more…I need to replace my gaskets and have some in my shopping cart on espressoparts.com, but they have two types and I've scoured my user manual and I never turn the machine off long enough to stick my fingers in there without burning them...How do I fin
Read more…Thanks to sprudge.com They were the only ones to post this that I could find, so I thought I would re-post. See the original post at http://sprudge.com/usbc-semi-finalists/
SEMI-FINALISTS:
Jordan Barber (Cafe Grumpy)
Scott Lucey (Alterra Coffee)
Robin Se
So, I took ownership of a crazy coffee cafe in Sedona Arizona. I have learned how to roast beans on our 20 yr old L12 Probat roaster. I was just asked by a friend,who owns a small cafe in another town close by, to hold a coffee tasting event. Being a
Read more…Anyone?
A customer of mine had a 3-group volumetric Unic Diva in her back room and asked me to take a look at it. I did, and it works, sorta. Weird machine. I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about these machines - shot quality, reliability,
Stop by http://usbaristachampionship.org/ to watch the competitors go for the title...or if you're in the So Cal area just come on down to Anaheim!
Read more…