There is hope. If your leaving the Seattle and surrounding areas and realize that there isn't much for Coffee between Seattle and Portland, there is a stop you must make in Downtown Olympia. (124 4th Avenue East, Olympia, Washington 98501 : (360) 754
Last week there was a fun article in the Portland Tribune, the guy who does the column wanted me to be really "funny" it was hard and a bit different than most interviews, but turned out pretty cool. Here is the online version. The print version had
At our cafe we have recently ceased using the Freakin Customer Cards...I mean Frequent...
The idea is that in lieu of giving away cups of coffee to a First World Destination we'd rather send assistance to Origin.
Any suggestions for worthy charities
Dear Colleagues, I am buying a Mythos grinder and a Victoria Arduino Adonis and I would like to use the bottomless portafilters. Can you please let me know what are the advantages of using them? Grazie Giovanni
Ben Helfen, from Octane in Atlanta, has created his version of a Chemex video... I never realized that I was doing this all wrong! LOL
http://vimeo.com/8628771
I am currently in charge of starting a traveling espresso operation for my shop, and am just looking for some tips to get it up and running. we have a 2 head, single boiler (lack of money for a double), and are looking to figure out how to handle:
W
i am from india and want to take basic barista training.presently i am unemployed and can't afford much spendings. i mailed to ABS to know such facilities in india and with regret they suggested me to contact their china chapter.there is no response
We just switched from our Super Jolly to a Robur and it's been really great. I usually have pretty good control on my dosing, but tend to overdose a little more often with the Robur. I'm guessing the best way to combat that is going doserless? I gues
I put Elvinator's on my mazzer grinders at our shop. Sometimes we have a problem with clumping with the our decaf and one of our espresso blends. It seems that each grinder doses a little bit different, obviously they are all well-loved grinders. We
We all have ideas and most of us think they're great ideas. The journey toward fulfilling the dream begins with a solid business plan. I am starting to formulate a business plan and of course I think my idea is brilliant and a solid winner but I find
We opened Fairly Grounded in September of 2008. Since then it has become a true neighborhood cafe. We offer a small breakfast, lunch and snack menu (including our own homemade soups) and we serve Water Ave Coffee using the pour over method and our
The Hot Pink Marzocco on the cover of Specialty Coffee Retailer this month is stunning! What color would your espresso machine be if you could choose? What other customizations have you seen? What crazy customizations can you think of?
I have been looking for a location for a year and a half. I have put offers on a few existing shops and looked at lots of locations but nothing has panned out. Recently one of the shops I put an offer on, but was out-bid, has gone out of business and
Urban Coffee is a gourmet-style coffee shop in Ogden, Utah. We don't tell people how great we are, we just show you in every drink we serve. If your mouth is happy, you'll tell your friends.
I've already decided that I would like to open a coffee shop near a college or university in Massachusetts, but that's about it.
I was wondering how shop owners here went about finding locations.
- What was your criteria?
- At what point were you a
Ok, After being open for a year or two or....? What would you do different on your next shop before opening the doors? I know you have all thought about this. I have been open for going on a year and a half and I think about it every day. I'm in the
Well the time comes in any loving relationship that things have to come to an end. This beautiful lady (in her own way) and I have been together for about three years but I have started seeing another younger lady named Diedrich who is a little bit b