We have just recently installed a WBC Spec Mahlkonig Grinder in our shop, and I'm having a few problems with it.
The whole idea behind getting this grinder was for competion training purposes, yes we have the Aurelia WBC as well.
When we grind, it
I am looking for a "nice" used Diedrich Roaster. For those who have used the Diedrich IR series, how do you like them?
If you have one for sale, PM me...
Outlaw Coffee Roasters
Recently i've heard rave reviews about Monmouth Coffee in london and some other places in the USA in regards to Filter Coffee....
Everything from filter coffee stands to waiting in line for ages to get into these shops has me wondering - What is the
What do you think is essential equipment for a coffee shop? I am looking at a list from a company that has a coffee house package, and I am not sure I want or need some of this stuff. I know the espresso machine is a given, but what else? What piece
hey everyone. I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can all list bands and CD's that are great for coffee bar atmosphere's. I'll start with a few favorites:
Sam Prekop - Who's Your New Professor
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Peter Bjorn & John
So because most of my friends know I'm such a coffee snob and I get beans from my cafe...they often ask me what is the best coffee to buy in the grocery store? I don't want to waste money on mass produced coffee. Any suggestions?
I'm curious. The shop I "grew up" in as a barista used Whole Milk as default for capps, lattes, etc. 2% was used for the low-fat versions and there was no fat free milk to be found on the premises. This seems like a no brainer to me. Am I crazy? When
I've been researching this for almost a week now. I need a burr grinder (currently using a blade grinding spice mill at home) and it makes me cry.
I thought for sure I could find a decent burr grinder for under $100 these days; with Krups and Braun a
Hi!
I am thinking about how to establish more consistency in my espresso dosing. I confident at this point that I am pretty good at maintaining a consistent 20-21 grams of espresso in a double basket, but I love thinking about the method of levellin
Black Cat got robbed this morning at 6am. Granted the economy in Portland is horrible. Perhaps that is one reason for an increase in crime. Do fellow coffee shop people have policies in place for robbery? This is the 2nd time this has happened in 7 y
For sale, Ditting KR1203 (click here for Ditting.com info). Retail price, $2995, I'm selling this one for $1800 + shipping.
This is one badass grinder. Plugs into a standard 110V outlet. HUGE 120mm burrs. Grinds consistently, and FAST! In PRISTINE c
‘What’s to Love?’ http://www.everydayolympia.com/2009/10/whats-to-love-coffee/ is a weekly article featuring interviews of hand-picked locals to find out what people love and hate about downtown Olympia. Our city has recently won multiple awards. Now
Hey, with Christmas just around the corner, coffee house-wise, we're wanting to start stocking our small retail section with some really cool gift ideas. Unfortunately, our focus since we opened in March, has been to get the drinks, food and service
Mount Currie Coffee Co. is seeking some good help for the winter. We are 20 minutes from the Whistler Olympic action and are sure to be very busy starting in February. Any barista's interested are free to contact me about potential employment. We are