All Discussions (5553)
Doing the best with what you've got..
I've been struggling with this ever since I visited a few exceptional specialty shops, and gone to the Minneapolis Barista Jam and have worked hard at becoming a better barista over the last year. I work at a Dunn Bros, where we roast in store every
Read more…Forza Coffee Company - Downtown Puyallup, WA
Which do you value more, the experience and interaction with who ever is running the coffee shop, or the quality of the product you receive from the coffee shop?
Read more…who can help me
hi everybody I am a fine art photography gallery owner in stone town zanzibar tanzania africa and we want to make in our gallery a coffee bar. I love coffee for at least 25 years and make my own with a machine for 25 years. Well I can say I am a cof
Read more…Christmas Gifts
I'm looking for ideas for gifts for my employees for Christmas. I've done the whole trading our gift certificates for gift certificates for restaurants/movie tickets/etc. already. I really want to do something different and fun this year. Any ideas w
Read more…Old Nine bar articles!
Does anyone know where I can find an archive of the old Nine Bars articles circa 2006-early 2007? There was this great article on Viva Barista on coffee processing, and would like to review something in it. Any help would be appreciated. cheers, B
Read more…Travel mexico
Samantha will travel Mexico next week and she asked me to help her search for a hotel where she can stay. Does anyone here have any suggestions? It would ne a great help. Thanks a lot.
Read more…Intelligentsia Roastery
I spent last weekend in Chicago taking care of some business and thought I'd try to visit the much touted Intelligentsia there. I was on West Fulton and drove by the address listed on their website, missing it twice. I know it was supposed to be clos
Read more…this is intended to spark some lively discussions.....
it's not all great. some of it is okay. even less is excellent. and most of it is absolutely dreadful. i'm talking about coffee, obviously. i am, after all writing this on a coffee-centric website. i'm not a snob when it comes to drinking coffee. i'l
Read more…Customers with weird phobias
Quick background 'graph because I'm new: I work at a Bullsh*t Starbucks. This means we are not owned/operated by Starbucks (and therefore don't accept their gift cards or use their stupid "tall/grande/venti" language) but we do serve Starbucks coffe
Read more…Customers who want to buy product to make their own.
I have customers off and on ask me where I buy certain ingredients to my drink recipes and most of the time they want to buy them to make their own at home but I am afraid of losing business or trade secrets to this, so what I'm asking is how do you
Read more…steaming for a macchiato
I'm in the process of working on my technique and efficiency while also determining cost for pricing. And I'm wondering how much milk do most folks put in a pitcher to steam for a macchiato or cortado? The smallest pitcher I have is a 12 oz. I'm assu
Read more…Synesso Hydra 6 Group!! Check it out
This is the new Synesso Hydra 6 Group at Proud Marys in Australia. Such a beast. To see more photos click my review on the place. Hope you like it. Oh & the coffee was amazing!! http://www.beanhunter.com/cafes/review/proud-mary
Read more…practice latte art with soapy water
i just found this on the intarwebz and think its absolutely brilliant.
Read more…Shout Out: Are you coming to the SERJ?
I am curious to see which members of BX will be attending the Southeast Regional Jam in Charlotte in November. I want to be sure I get to put faces to names. So give a shout out!
Read more…Beginning Roaster
Hello all, I'm just starting to get into roasting and was wondering if anyone had any advice on blending beans, different roasts for beans from various sources, any particular sources you would recommend to order from, etc. I'll be using a small Sona
Read more…Back washing
There are numerous ways to do everything in the world of espresso. That being said, I just wanted to take a survey on how everyone backwashes; tools, chemicals, times, technique,screens on screens off, your little trick that makes your life easier. I
Read more…Wanted: Astoria parts - Guage & more
I need to get ahold of a pressure guage for an Astoria Argenta 1 group machine. Could also use an on/off knob & single spout porta filter. If anyone has an astoria laying around that's not working & would like to sell me these parts, it would be much
Read more…Astra Espresso Machines
I put this under classifieds last week but Im not sure if it would completely be considered classifieds since its really a group buy. Just in case I wanted to throw it up here under the retail shops group. Hey guys. I'm working on picking up a few e
Read more…