Ok we have a Rancilio Epoca machine, I backflush it everyday but my question is we have two head machine, do I have to backflush each side or does bacflushing one side clean both?? I am careful about flushing the head out with hot water and cleanng i
Does anyone else strongly dislike the red line that appears under the word Barista. I almost find it ironic that being part of a coffee community like Barista- Exchange, that my spell check always highlights the word Barista... I could not even count
Hi, I have a coffee shop that is part of a franchise. I have been trying to sell it for a year and half with no luck. Corporate has helped steer a few interested parties our way. I am now trying to sell it on my own. I have listed it here before and
I'm looking for a good quality grinder for my home Nuova Simonelli Oscar. I don't do a lot of volume so am not really looking for a commercial caliber unit. If I am not drinking an espresso drink, I make a press pot so would like a machine that can h
Ok, need to get some opinions here...let us use a loose leaf chai latte as an example
Do you steam milk + steeped tea +leaves together and strain into cup or steep tea, strain into cup and pour steamed milk into tea?
any reason why you do one over
In his blog Shawn Steiman’s suggests that “All the origins contained in a [coffee] bag should be listed, at the very least, in decreasing order of percentage…”
Shawn’s suggestion is nothing short of a revolution in the way coffee blends have been so
Serving french pressed coffee roasted here in Reno by The Hub. Also featuring a "traditional" espresso based drink menu, with tasty espresso a la Ecco Caffe, Barefoot Coffee Works, Intelligentsia Coffee, an
Okay, okay, I know... perking equals bad. BUT! (you knew there had to be a self-righteously indignant "but" in there, right? Good.) But... I found a vintage glass silex stovetop percolator for a whole buck! Science experiment for a buck- wouldn't you
So I'm working next week in So Cal and will be in LA and San Diego for a couple of days. Besides the usual suspects (Intilli, La Mill, Elan) do you know of any other good cafes in those areas I should stop and check out.
If you happen to work in one
I've been a home roaster for years now, often bringing my home roasted beans into the cafe and offering them up to customers. I worked in a roasting facility for a while and got a great understanding of everything from green to roasting to packaging
Hello everyone, I love this site. I'm in the business planning stage of opening my coffee shop and would love to chat with someone in the NE region of the US. I'm from the West Coast and things are a little different here in Syracuse, NY. Seems like
Someone sent me some info on a latte art competition with a huuuuuuge payout. I accidently erased the email. Does anyone happen to have info on this? Thanks in advance!!!
(PORTLAND, OR. July 9, 2009) The George Howell Coffee Company, a leading
provider of specialty coffees based near Boston, will demonstrate their brewing control
solution, ExtractMoJo™ at the American Barista & Coffee School at 5:30 p.m. on
Tuesday, J
Hey everyone!
I'm a passionate barista/o (whatever) from Minneapolis, MN with two year experience behind the bar in a very fast paced shop on the U of M campus. I just found myself relocated to Madison, WI, and can't seem to find a shop to call home
Cafe Evoke had their espresso catering trailer stolen! Folks out in the Oklahoma area please keep and eye out. Pictures and video link below. If you have any info contact the police and/or give the nice folks at Evoke a message. http://www.cafeevoke.
yes i am aware that last year WBC machine test among 7 espresso machine manufacturers 3 manufacturers passed the WBC technical tests and became eligible for closed scene monetary bid to become the WBC sponsor in which they were nuova simonelli , dall
Hello all. I saw this and just had to link it for everyone. Finally, some to-go cup our size.
http://www.keepcup.com.au/#/home
stay caffeinated,
Jennifer