anyone ever do a self insulation on a boiler if so what did you use. not sure if anyone else has heard of this but its called aerogel (made by/for Nasa??) but seems like it would save lots of power and prevent temp flux as well.
I am a former shop manager and 6 year barista relocating to the Detroit area and looking for work. I'll take anything from full time to one day a week, as long as I get to be around coffee!
Have tamper, will travel!
-Rachel
I've been trying to understand the interaction of heat and the mineral content in water in espresso machine boilers, the dreadful scale. It seems that the most typical prevention of scale involves water treatment, but proper extraction requires some
I am trying to find this part, so far the only place I have found is Espressoparts.com. I only need the hood (The part is available as a complete entity for about 100 bucks, I just need the hood. So is the above mentioned part the right one?? Oh I ha
A friend asked me what machine would be good for mobile operation. At this point, I think they are exploring a single group machine. I've heard reports of success using the Nuova Simonelli Oscar, was referred to the Epoca but didn't get good review f
Well it broke on Tuesday, I figured out it was the Flow Meter lid, found it on Espressoparts.com and it arrived today. (Can you tell I just downed a double.) I am psyched, the guy that worked on this machine before we bought this business was overpri
We have seen a couple articles in Canada and now this one in the Seattle Times about those who are opening/succeeding during a rocky economic climate.
I feel that we will see some retailers fail during these times, but it also can open some doors fo
Hi, I have a coffee shop that is part of a franchise. I have been trying to sell it for a year and half with no luck. Corporate has helped steer a few interested parties our way. I am now trying to sell it on my own. I have listed it here before and
I opened a new case of Vitasoy organic original today and began steaming with it and IT SUCKED. I have been using the same product since we opened and have gopne through dozens of cases of the stuff and the new packaging MUST include a new recipe and
Our managers and other interested staff get together every month to talk coffee outside of "work" (surprise!). Specifically, we've been watching films that deal with coffee or the coffee industry. I'm hoping that some of you folks out there could sug
Hello all...
This has been bugging me for a while, because I hate to serve a watered-down drink: We serve a huge variety of hot teas, arranged on shelves in jars for the customers to bring to the counter for us to prepare. When a customer brings a te
Question for the techies...
Does the performance of a pressure-stat change as it ages? Will it respond more slowly or less accurately than a new one? What is the amount of variation in boiler pressure (between element cycles) that you'd expect to se
Specs from CoffeeGeek Buying a lightly used with modified steam wand used for demonstrations. The quality of these I have a couple times tested, though those too were used. It pulls great shots, but I'm wondering if it will hold up in the long run? A
Hello, all!
At my cafe we currently employ the brew-it-strong-cut-it-with-ice method of preparing iced coffee, which I find pretty distasteful. Happily, i've been given the go-ahead by the owner to implement a cold brewed iced coffee. I plan to use a