All Discussions (5553)
Chocolate Milk
Our coffee shops currently use chocolate milk for all hot chocolate and mocha drinks. Unfortunately there is only 1 brand of chocolate milk that we can use because the other ones separate when steamed. I have tried Monin dark chocolate sauce but it d
Read more…looking for good pump pots
I run a very busy deli and coffee bar inside a co-op. I have been buying new pump pots about every quarter and am tired of it. Does anyone have a good brand name or source for quality pots that will withstand some bumps and bruises?
Read more…Cups fusion
Does anyone now where to get cups imprinted with your logo without a 100 case min. per size? We are using the fusion strofoam cups with our logo and we are happy with the cup we just can not buy 100 cases per size at a time. Also where would you stor
Read more…Looking for a Barista in Fort Lauderdale area, South East Florida
Hi, we are newly to be open coffee house in Coral Springs, FL and are looking for an experienced barista to join our small operation. If tere is anyone out here..or can recommend someone, give me a shout!
Read more…Anyone know a good Business Broker to help me sell my shop
I posted a while ago asking for ideas to help me sell my coffee shop in the Parkland/Spanaway, WA area. One suggestion was a business broker. I have been trying to find one. Anyone know a good one they would recommend? Thanks so much!!
Read more…ROASTe.com welcomes our newest roaster PT's Coffee Roasting
We're glad to now carry coffee from Roast Magazine's Roaster of the Year for 2009, PT's Coffee Roasting Company. PT's has won more awards than Michael Phelps, and across the board too in many categories and regions. 30 of its coffees have rated 90 or
Read more…Any good cafes in Clearwater/St. Petersburg/Tampa, FL area?
I'm going on vacation this next week to Indian Shores, FL. I've never been there, so any guidance about good shops to check out would be appreciated. Anything around the Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa area would be great. I'm bringing along a Fr
Read more…PBS Wide Angle: The Market Maker, Eleni Gabre-Madhin ECX
Did anyone else happen to catch this show tonight? An amazing documentary about the woman (Eleni Gabre-Madhin) behind the Ethiopian Commodities Exchange. While this didn't answer all of our questions about how the newly adopted ECX is going to affect
Read more…Flight grounded by coffee maker aroma
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE56R2L020090728?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:35am EDT NEW YORK (Reuters) - The electrical smell that caused a Southwest Airlines Co flight to make an unexpected landin
Read more…Wine and Coffee together as one...
We have been tossing around the idea of having Wine for sale at our coffee bar and I am curious to hear from the coffee houses out there doing this very concept already, what works and what doesn't...
Read more…Pics of City to City Throwdown: Milwaukee vs. Chicago
Hey everyone, Here are some pics of the Milwaukee vs. Chicago throwdown this past weekend. It was an amazing event with a lot of really talented barista's throwing down. Props to Brett for representing Roast and pouring a rosetta, earning him 4th pl
Read more…Check this great invention...
I was browsing arround and I found this, I find it a great invention, it's a pitcher for milk, that shrinks in order to keep air out of the container allowing milk to last for even a week longer! http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/07/shrinking-jug
Read more…Roaster Training.
Cultiva Coffee Roasting Company in Lincoln, Nebraska is offering free roasting, cupping, and barista training. Travel expenses and lodging are at your own expense, but the education in free. Our only requirement is that you submit a request to Cultiv
Read more…Are you an espresso caterer in Portland?
If you are, and are willing....I would sure appreciate the privilege to shadow you at an event/occasion. I am visiting PDX from Anchorage, Alaska on August 6 and 7. I will happily be free labor for you! I am researching starting my own business here
Read more…Novice Interested in Learning in Europe
Hello to all of you coffee lovers out there! Let me be frank, I am a chef, not a barista and my cofffee knowledge is limited, but I would love to learn anything anyone wants to teach me about this wonderful ingredient. I am planning a culinary trip t
Read more…Fortified coffees and Spirits
I have great memories of being young and watching my parents make Drambuie coffees...brewing a double strength dark blend, adding the spirit, and pouring some vigorously shaken heavy whipping cream over the back of a spoon to create a layered effect.
Read more…Competition: Does Privilege drive Performance?
In the past two years, while competing regionally and nationally, I have begun to wonder what really drives the success of a competitor in terms of preparation and capability. Many people spend countless hours prepping for competition with hundreds (
Read more…