Ok. Maybe this is an irrational fear of mine, but I have to know. Have any of you ever encountered an exploding or malfunctioning siphon? My store is rolling out siphons service for customers and I'm a little concerned. I see them sticking their face
There are 3 people who have to agree with the name of the coffee buisness and all 3 personalities differ drastically. We have the free spirited hippie (thats me) my husband who is OCD about everything and a computer nerd, then there is the doctor's w
Does it really allows baristas flexibilty when steaming and pouring latte art? 16 oz insulated wrap protects baristas' hands from the heat. I wonder how experts will rate it ?
So me and a few friends are going to head out to San Francisco. We live in Ventura (hour outside of LA). I think I want to make a road trip out of it, though, and we enjoy going to great cafes. Anyone got any shops we should check out on our way? Let
My shop has been open for nearly a year - just about breaking even now and wanting to bump up sales a bit. I know it takes time to maximize. Even so, I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to get it going.
I've tried advertising (some succes
Reaching out to all of you that changed concepts drastically.
We are buying an existing coffee shop/bake shop that has a nice clientele following. Which also could be because there was another coffee house there for twice as long. They use automatic
When to brew fresh roasted coffee, is a question that has come up a few times for me and I am not really sure. Should I let the beans sit for a period of time after roasting, before they are ground and brewed? And at what point are beans to old and p
I'm going back home to Boston for a 2 week vacation and I am excited to see my home city again!
Only problem? I don't know where to drink coffee.
I lived there in my ante-coffee-industry days and am really only familiar with Dunkin Donuts (still has
Hi all,
I'm looking for a smallish space (700-900 sq. feet) and am wondering what's the best way to find it. I've been driving around my local area and have called on and visited a few so far. Is this the best way to find a space? I've also looked on
If you haven't seen this yet it's interesting.... The video is about 10 minutes long. This guy does these "cooking" videos (he's done almost one hundred at this point) in an attempt to practice talking while doing something else. It's unpleasant to w
Java Rush Cafe is Havasu's best independent coffee house (straight from our regular's mouths :-). We serve hot and cold coffee and tea drinks of course, and smoothies, frappes, and Italian ices. To satisfy your hunger we serve pastries, cookies, bisc
Hey Bxrs I'm planning on taking a nice long road trip since the coffee shop that I worked for closed. I'm planning on heading out west from Iowa to Nebraska, Colorado, Nevada, and down to San Diego. Then I'm going to drive my way to Florida around th
from http://billykangas.blogspot.com
Yesterday I had some coffee made through the Hario V60 Porcelain over at Comet Coffee in Ann Arbor. It's an interesting little thing. It's basicly a pour over with a big hole at the bottom instead of two small o
Hi all! I'm visiting Boston for the first time in my life, I'll be there for 4 or 5 days. I'm already loaded up with historic tourist suggestions, but what I really want to know, of course, is...what are the best coffee houses to visit?
Hi, I'm starting a new coffee shop it is small take-out business. Which type of espresso machine should I use to start? I will need something with 110 volts and not to complicated to use.