Kaffismiðjan is a cozy café in down town Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland. Founded in 2008, but has a reputation like it´s been around for a while. Serves only single origin espressos and has a La marzocco beauty two group GB5, a Dalla Corte Evoluti
neat: \ˈnēt\
1: free from added matter; pure
2: marked by tasteful simplicity
3: of the very best kind; excellent
espresso NEAT is an artisan coffee bar in downtown Darien, CT
I am thinking about getting a professional sample roaster, either a 1-lb San Franciscan or a 1-lb Diedrich roaster, however currently living in the top level of an apartment building in California. Curious to get some inputs on what kind of obstacles
I live in Michigan, no where near a Cafe Grumpy. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get ahold of a Cafe Grumpy T-Shirt? I don't even know if they sell them...Thanks to anyone who replies!
I think I have decided on my shop's name and logo, and it is totally different than what I posted for review recently. Before I post it online, I wanted to check domain names and verify that I can get the ones I want. I need some guidance on how to s
I'm interested to hear opinions from professional baristas on how the Compak K10 WBC compares to the Mazzer Kony.
A lot of what I've read seems to indicate a big preference for the Compak grinder, but I do get the feeling most people haven't actuall
3 shops in the Montlake, Capital Hill, and Wallingford neighborhoods of Seattle. Each shop has a distinctive feel, although all are comfortable, intimate, and staffed by "the friendliest baristas in Seattle" (Yelp review). Fuel serves Caffe Vita coff
I need some comparison or advice on the pucks I am dumping using the La Marzocco double basket in my La Marzocco. Every puck is dumping whole, except for the corner edges at the bottom of the basket. It requires using a dry paper towel and removing t
We bought a shop 1 month ago. It has been around for 8 months and has not generated a huge brand following.
We are doing this as social entrepreneurs, wanting the profits to go to help support orphans in Africa, S. & C. America (coffee growing regio
Jim Henson got one of his first major gigs doing irreverent, sometimes bizarre, spots for Wilkins Coffee. Even by today's standards, these ads are pretty aggressive (and entertaining).
checkit
I hate to ask this question, as I'm a coffee house owner and realize that fresh-ground is going to produce the best cup, however, a friend of mine is looking for a high-end automatic coffee machine...probably the pod type...to put in an office with e
I am an amateur barista and have been for 4 years. I was only briefly trained by a professional and everything else I know comes from experience and investigation. I feel I'm a professional among amateurs, but still want to know more. As a shop manag
I was wondering if there were many people on this site that are attending the Roasters Guild Retreat next week. We have two people traveling down from Alaska, flying into Portland and then doing the drive along the river. Most likely stopping at CBI
Hey everyone,
We're looking for new hires for our stores, experience preferable but not necessary.
Our shops are upgrading with GB/5s, Majors, Multiple Roasters and an exciting training program focused on education and community involvement.
Sound in
New Orleans style for serving iced coffee. You steep the chicory root with the espresso over night and serve the next morning on ice. Has any one tried this process or tasted this type of iced coffee?
We are a coffee shop just off of the West side of Duke University campus in Durham, NC. We serve espresso based drinks, smoothies, teas, italian sodas, hot chocolate, drip and press pot coffees and have a variety of pastries and other merchandise ite
So after a lot of planning and negotiating properties, the official bX party is on for Coffee Fest Las Vegas. The party is being hosted by Oral Fixation Mint Co. and Barista Exchange. The party is going to be at the Palms Place which is right next to