Just got back from the Chi town Spro down hosted by intelligentsia and played around with a synesso and was introduced to the concept of pre infusion for espresso ...
I'm curious to hear from people who have tried it or currently use it or swear by
Alterra hosted the second City Vs. City Latte Art Throwdown this past Thursday. Milwaukee walked home with the championship by almost a hundred-point victory. Final score: Milwaukee 507; Ypsilanti 410.5 Milwaukee is now 2-0!
View the pics of the eve
So the 9th annual Roasters Guild Retreat was held at Skamania Lodge in Stevenson Washington. The SCAA did a great job putting on this event, and i have nothing bad to say about that. I do have a problem I'm dealing with regarding the accounting dept.
Located in downtown Napanee @ 86 John Street (Corner of Dundas and John). Napanee is located between Kingston and Belleville Ontario - 2.5 hrs east of Toronto. Coffee Cravings is a great place to stop if you are travelling between Toronto and Montrea
With all the fuss about cafe's in NY not letting customers hang out with laptops http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124950421033208823.html, what effect do you think this will have? Will your cafe' go along with this new trend or will you let your custo
Stop in and discover the Mt. Vernon area's newest place to be....you won't regret it! Featuring healthy foods, delicious hot and frozen beverages, a selection of loose leaf teas, and treats (and Toys!!) for the kids, Spill the Beans Organic Coffee &
I purchased new a Victoria Arduino Athena I about 15 years ago. As a "home barista" it was part of the family for all those years until about one year ago when I mournfully proclaimed it a relic for want of replacement parts. For the few years prior
from Liturgy of EspressoTwo weeks ago I took a trip with my wife and family to Traverse City, MI. I thought I would post a little about my experiences in the coffee world there. Although I peeked into a number of shops while I was there I want to t
So heres the situation, I have become very jealous of other shops that are earth friendly. Yes our shop is doing things such as serving in porcelain and recycling old coffee grounds, I just really feel like theres much more that could be done. Anothe
What would you say was the hardest/most challenging element in starting up your coffee shop? What advice would you give to those who are planning to open up their own shop?
It's taken nearly 6 months of negotiations and back-and-forth, and Espresso Vivace's world-famous Espressos are now available at ROASTe.com.
Espresso Vivace is one of the Northwest's most renown boutique roasters and cafes. In the hyper-competitive c
I took the following from another form!
I would love to know also, if people have experience with this software & if so is it worth it!
I was reading an article in "Fresh Cup" magazine about something called "extract mojo" which is supposedly capabl
I have been working with coffee for a long time. I love it, I always have and I always will. I was just wondering how I would go about getting a job as a supplier. I have heard about people who work for different coffee companies that travel and get
I was recently told at a large coffee chain that they could not make me an iced cappuccino, because putting the foamed milk over ice increased risk of bacteria problems. I had never heard of this before (and was not sure why this was much different t