All Discussions (5553)
Opposite Cafe 1 and 2
Opposite cafe is an independent company of 2 coffee shops in Leeds. Opposite 1 is situated opposite the main steps to Leeds University serving up high quality and conscientious products for students and lecturers. Opposite 2 is in the Victoria Quar
Read more…What's your favorite bizarre/unusual coffee term?
I've had the word "Bucaramanga" stuck in my head for a week now. What's stuck in yours?
Read more…I have Green Bean, what I have to do??
Some friends of mine will give me a green bean right from his farm, but I have no idea how to do home roasting. Is there any idea to recognize is it a good quality green bean or not? Or I have to roast it first?
Read more…Millrock Las Vegas
Does anyone have the official results or any pictures of Millrock Latte Art Competition from Vegas?
Read more…Wanted: electric or gas sample roaster
It's time I invest in a sample roaster! Please let me know if there are any used sample roasters, single or double, floating around out there in the coffee roasting community! (402) 802-1909
Read more…Looking for 2-, 3-, 4-barrel sample roaster
Looking to expand our sample roasting capabilities, trying to keep up with the COE samples. We are looking for a nice old Probat or Gothot multi-barrel sample roaster, any condition, as long as fixable, and as long as has original workings.
Read more…Looking for a 3KG US Roaster Corp roaster
Anyone selling a 3KG US Roaster Corp roaster? Please private message me.
Read more…Faema E61 for sale in NOLA
Sadly our Cafe is closing but someone gets to buy our machine! It's a Faema E61 that is still in working order. Cared for by our local coffee roaster and machine enthuisiast, this machine has been pumping out espresso for our shop since 2005. If inte
Read more…The Curious Cup Coffeehouse
Great coffeehouse up for sale. Owner moving to the East Coast. Business is building (and it is even summer) and has wine and beer license. Website being updated to sell retail items, buy bulk coffee, load loyalty cards, and rent the space out at nigh
Read more…Backflushing Silvia
Does anybody have any tips, admonitions, advice about about backflushing a Silvia?
Read more…Out Of the Box
La Marzocco will have their own show, instead of being a part of greater Milano Host in october... Dear readers, the word for today is; different! www.lamarzocco.com/outofthebox/
Read more…Draining the boiler?
I've noticed that some tech's PM programs include draining and refilling the main/steam boiler, while others do not. Do you (or does your tech) do this or not? Why or why not? I plan to do this as part of my standard PM program, but kind of wanted t
Read more…Canada Day!
happy canada day friends tell me what your plans are i think i might catch the drew wright concert here in collingwood tonight :)
Read more…1.5 gal LUXUS (FETCO) dispensers
We have three (3) 1.5 gallon LUXUS (FETCO) L3D-15 Thermal Dispensers for sale. Brand new in box. (link to FETCO's relevant webpage on these). Bought them when we thought we were gonna use a 2052... but went with a 2042 instead. $225 each + shipping
Read more…Made a Trade
Well, we recently bought our shop and it had 12 of these bins in it. We have no desire to keep that much coffee in the open air, so the bins came out. The shelving they were in got recycled into a self serve station for our airpots. I traded some of
Read more…Podcast - Starting A Coffee Business w/ Bruce Milletto
http://www.startingabiz.com/starting-a-coffee-shop-business/ Bruce was interviewed for a podcast last week which was aired today on StartingABiz.com ... some great insight to everything involved in opening a retail coffee business. It's a well done
Read more…Simonelli Astoria 3 group
We got it set up at home at this time (while waiting for the coffee shop). I have a Flowjet pump going to it from a 5 gallon water bottle. Today, it started making loud noise while brewing espresso and then it purges water through the opening next to
Read more…Books on Science behind Coffee
Hey all, A common theme that seems to be popping up is questions relating to the science behind coffee and espresso. Does anyone know of any books that are more technical and break down coffee to a molecular level to better explain the science behi
Read more…Roseville & Sacramento, CA Area Shops
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone knew of any shops in the Roseville, CA area that were hiring or might be hiring sometime soon. I'm looking to move to Roseville by the end of the year so hopefully I can find a home by then. I've put a few Resumes
Read more…