I've heard bleaching (hypochlorite solution, ie clorox) for your plastic, glass, and ceramics that dissolve the coffee tinge/stain. I have these fetco coffee dispensers that hold a gallon or so of hot coffee. Which is more of an effective cleaner in
Generally speaking decaf costs more. I've contemplated a decaf price uplift but haven't implemented it yet. Most shops charge an uplift for alternative milks like Soy, how 'bout decaf?
We are a new coffee shop, we haven't quite been open 4 months. When we opened we decided that we wanted a soft opening to get our feet on the ground so we didn't do any marketing. Now we are ready to kick up our traffic in our shop. I am wondering wh
Hell yea!
The best cup of coffee
› Caffe d’Bolla’s siphon brew
"This is not your breakfast cuppa java—you may not have time for your usual second cup. Caffe d’Bolla’s transcendental coffee is brewed by a master fanatic who pays as much attention to
I just finished with an older Cimbali M29. I removed everything except the wiring. After removing scale and replacing some parts, I'm pleased with its level of function. Now I'm looking for an older lever machine. I'd prefer that it ran on gas. I'll
Last year I contacted Frieling Co., because of a new milk dispenser I'd heard of that they were patenting. It holds 1-2 gallon standard milk containers, and keeps them at the required NSF temperature. The unit uses a small 110-220vac to 12vdc power s
Located off Fury's Ferry Rd in Augusta, GA, Abbi's is one of the only true coffee shops I have been able to find in the area. There they roast their own coffee, and I must say, what I tried was fantabulous! Last night I ground and brewed some Sumatra
In the places I work, I pick up things and I'm constantly learning. But, I want to know more and advance my skills up to a higher level. Problem is, I have never heard of a barista school here in Hawaii. Does anyone know anything about this? Anything
I'm opening a 400 SF one and need all the advice I can get! My biggest problem will be storage for sure...what have you done to keep things organized and controlled? How did you get a handle on ordering quantities?
Thanks for your suggestions/advice
Hey guys,
We are looking for a TruBrew or Drip Station - 2 or 4 cup version - intact! Just thought we would check here in case someone was trying to off load one!
Let me know! Thanks!
Jason Duncan
Cafe Evoke Catering
I have issues with soy milk.
I think it's yucky... always. I know it's necessary for lactose intolerant people, vegans, etc. so i wonder if there's a better way to do it so i don't feel like i'm poisoning my customers.
Perhaps I'm steaming it wrong
Has anyone tried the Handpresso (www.handpresso.com)? Apparently you can put finely ground espresso roasted coffee and boiling water in it and it extracts at over 9 bars... but i can't find any reviews... anyone tried it? If so, what do you think of
Up front I must say that I am against this concept, especially for coffee orders. I have yet to work anywhere this actually works. The person ordering has never come picked it up on time, people come in to order coffee wonder why they have to wait to
We're currently making all of our soups in house from scratch but it's proving not to be cost effective (when labor is included) and generally causes some inconsistencies and head aches. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I'm opening a micro-roasting company this fall and need to find some demographic info to include in my marketing strategy. Does anyone know where I can find find some specific numbers and studies for people in the southeastern region or the us in gen
I have been to many coffee houses and many offer couches as a sitting option. But I notice that mostly they go unused. I think the TV show Friends offered the stereotype that couches are how people like to sit and relax in a cafe...but I think in gen