So my friend just started at a new coffee shop in Milwaukee. Previously we have both been trained at Alterra and were puzzled when the trainer at the new shop said the way they make cappuccino's there is holding back the liquid milk and then scooping
I just recently joined barista exchange and am finally getting SERIOUS about my coffee career. I came to the conclusion not too long ago that I have been doing this for waaayyy too long and LOVE IT WAAAYYY too much to not be taking it as seriously as
Cyber Infusion is Reno's true Internet cafe, we are a Internet Cafe, Coffee House, Deli and bar (beer and wine), we have a game room, a nice lounge, a computer rental area, free wireless and a stage for live music!
Just wondering if anyone out there is suffering from what I call Barista's Elbow. Basically its Tennis Elbow but the only thing I can figure out is its from a combination of knocking, tamping, slapping the portafilter off the machine & then stirring
I have heard from both people for and against selling food in their coffee shops. Some say is a great idea others say it a cost and a hassle not worth the effort. If your place serves food, what kinds do you offer? Do you do the cooking/baking on sit
This is by far the best coffee in Colorado. Justin, Greg and Nolan make the finest shots ever, truly artists in the realm of espresso. The cafe is a great hang out, both for professionals and casual locals.
I'm stranded out in Capitol Heights just barely in DC proper for the next two months. I need suggestions for places I can go to find a variety of whole beans at decent prices. I only have a bicycle and access to the metro, so places in DC proper are
So we got a three group linea in the shop, we fixed it up a bit (allot) and it runs great. . . . Except this one issue i have with it. There seems to be not one bit of pre infusion happening. The shots start pouring at 2-3 seconds! In my experience w
Anyone know of any good sources online to track wages for a high level barista? My cafe is looking to stay on top of this for our truly dedicated, artisan barasti - i.e. professionals with 3+ years of experience. Are benefits standard at that point?
I"m going to be in the Washington D.C. area for a couple of weeks and I need a cafe or two that will make me feel at home (I will really need few morning espressos if I don't want the withdraw headaches that come with a day sans espresso). I met some
We are Coal Creek Coffee Company, a hands-on, artisan purveyor of premium, gourmet whole bean coffees. We are based in the Historic Downtown of Laramie, Wyoming just north of the Colorado border. Our incredible coffees are why you're here and they ar
Red Rock is built upon three values: CAFFEINE, CULTURE, and COMMUNITY.
But before we get to that, let's back up.We're all in search of that perfect place, aren't we? A place that feels like home. The music's great, the coffee is hot, the staff is fri
My shop has a Brasilia Portofino Del 2 espresso machine. I have been looking for a way to remove the screens for cleaning, with no results. I emailed brasilia, yet I haven't heard back from them on the matter. My distributor told me the screens do no
We bought a 450 lb ice machine at a restaurant auction at a steal of a price ... plugged it in and ...voila....crushed ice. (think Zaxbys). We are a specialty coffee shop with high volume frappe sales most of the year. We don't see a problem in iced
Hey,
I'm wondering. What would you vote as the most reliable, most biblical, and most enjoyable book on coffee? Which of your coffee books is dog-eared, highlighted, underlined, stained and ragged?
Most (and I) have a beaten-up copy of "The Perfect C