Hi everyone
I'm helping a friend of mine starting up a retail coffee bar but we're struggling with the name. We want a name that instantly makes it clear that it is a coffee bar but we don't want to go in the trend like: "Barista"(mainly because the
Hi I'm a student in London and a barista, it's been a big problem for me to find a good espresso here. Does anyone know of a good place that I could go too? I'll run out of coffee (that I brought here from my cafe back home) soon enough HELP!!!
~Haf
Hello There,
This is Brian O'Connell from Equal Exchange.
I've been lurking for a while. Love this forum and I'm looking forward to it growing much larger and much more active....but so far it's looking damn good!
I just wanted to put in a plug for
I had to work all weekend and didn't get to watch the live-feed as much as I wanted to, so I have been searching around a lot recently trying to track down any videos of the USBC (good friends with certain competitors, etc) and haven't had a whole lo
I'm planning on attending (volunteering at) the 2009 WBC, but I don't know my way around Atlanta (never been there). Where is the competition being held? It looks like the Georgia World Congress Center (SCAA e Magazine), but I'm not sure. Also, how e
So I love coffee
I love espresso
I am addicted to smoking, and for now I think I still really like it
I have a fixation with sipping and toking. Smoking became part of the social aspect of going to my local coffee shop a while before I started worki
could someone please advise as to whether i need separate grinders, one for drip/french press and another for espresso?? are there grinders that i can use for both? thanks
Here' some recent hot news from Consumer Reports:
"Starbucks Takes Another Hit
Remember when Starbucks seemed like an unstoppable force? Those days are gone, kids. The troubled retailer, already suffering from falling profits and a slew of layoffs,
Yeah Me Too is a very small coffee shop in Clintonville. If the place had a motto - it would be: just coffee - no perks and no pretense. YMT sells four types of coffee to take home to your coffee machine and usually has one type available to drink wh
Caffe’ Apropos is committed to doing everything we can to provide top quality products and promote the wonderful experience of a true European Espresso Bar. Our unique position as a roaster–retailer makes us a valuable resource for more than just gre
Victorian's Midnight Cafe is an eclectic home for everybody. Loyal patrons refer to her as the "hub of weirdness" where all walks of life come and go. A refreshing gateway from reality, a place to find a warm smile and friendship. Come visit and enjo
We focus on providing high-quality gourmet coffees, loose-leaf teas, and coffee accessories, as well as a made-from-scratch daily menu of sandwiches, soups, salads and baked goods.
Our artisan-roasted coffees are roasted in-store by owner-roastmaste
A charming coffee hub nestled in the Marmalade district, Cafe marmalade offers an open minded atmosphere, as well as an ecletic menu and a wide array of specialty drinks to fit your mood. Graced by the ingenious and addictive personalities of Kim, Ja
What's your process or recipe?
Right now we are using Guittard powder and combining it with our "House Vanilla" (which is just simple syrup and pure vanilla extract). We use a drink whisk to break down the cocoa clumps until they are liquid-y and th
What quotes about coffee do you think are the best in the bussiness.
My personal favorite is this one:
"Men are like coffee, the best ones are strong, hot and keep you awake all night"
Greets
Djaya
As a neverending student to this wonderfull product called coffe I'm still looking for books to broaden my knowledge. Are there books of which you say this is one that has to be on my bookshelf
greets
Djaya
Ugly Mugs Coffee & Tea opened in August 2008 in historic East Nashville Tennessee. We offer locally roasted coffee and specialty coffee, some of the finest loose leaf teas in the world from TeaSource, a breakfast and lunch menu and some of the finest
So I have been working at the shop that I work at now for about 3 years, and it is time to move on. I have to be honest, I'd like to stay in the southeast but I'm not to terribly picky after that (Alabama, Georgia, one of the Carolina's, maybe even T