barista schools in nyc
anyone know of a reputable barista school in the nyc area? thanks
Read more…anyone know of a reputable barista school in the nyc area? thanks
Read more…Hey! I was told that through this social network for baristas I would be able to have the opportunity to do an exchange to cafes around the world. I am wondering how that process comes about and if anyone has done it. I am looking for suggestions or
Read more…Hello all Baristas and Coffee aficionados! I'm really curious to hear everyone's stories about how they got involved in the industry, why they stuck around and what makes coffee so awesome! Share stories about your favorite regulars and funny run-in
Read more…Hey all, I'm in need of a home espresso machine to practice with. I don't have a huge budget but understand that I'm making an investment. Does anyone have any machine recommendations, have any for sale, any other suggestions? Thanks
Read more…We have all your favorite coffee drinks. For food: Der Duthman Pastries, donuts and bread, Block's Bagels, Brian's Scones every Thursday. Our Mc Roy breakfast sandwich is a classic as is our famous grilled 3 cheese sandwich and tomato soup combo. our
Read more…Michael Phillips is supposed to be on the Oprah Show this Friday. Mad props go to Michael!!! Can anyone verify? I would hate to record the show and waste good hard drive space if he was not on! :-)
Read more…Hey all, Im a pretty new barista and i was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions about where to watch or read a step-by-step guide on how to do good latte art. I can do a heart almost every time and a rosetta about 1/3 of the time, but I can't
Read more…Hi everyone! I am in the process of opening a Coffee House and would love to hear from the experts!!! We're about 4 months out--so we still have A TON to figure out. Any advice will be helpful! Favorite machines? Syrups? Chocolates? Menu items? Tric
Read more…Hi, I will be attending EAFCA for the first time (super thrilled) and I am looking for any general info/tips on the show, from those regular attendees, and info on where to find a good coffee shop in Kigali, from those Rwanda travelers/residents. g
Read more…This place is famous in Boston(somerville) for its espresso. Depending on who's behind bar (as always) you can get a perfect double shot here any day. Never tried the sandwiches or food, but I can definitely vouch for the espresso. Ceramic was prehea
Read more…I'm interested in everyone's opinion on whether milk steaming pitchers should be chilled (in the fridge or otherwise) before use or not. I've seen some shops keep their clean pitchers in a fridge, others just keep them on a shelf under the counter.
Read more…Just wondering if you can get by serving only coffee and pastries at coffee shops or do you need to put in a whole sandwich/wrap/panini menu to survive? It almost seems like people expect to be able to buy a sandwich at coffee shops just like being a
Read more…This week I heard there were some people talking about adding a 20oz option at local shop I have done some work for... I think it's a bad idea. For a number of reasons but i thought I'd ask you guys what you thought about it.... Why not use 20oz?
Read more…Located in Historic Downtown Stillwater. Open 9am during the week, 10am on Sundays. Serving homemade, authentic Gelato, Italian cordials, coffee and espresso. Historic tours of the Joseph Wolf Brewery Caves starting Memorial Day. Also, during warm we
Read more…Hey all, currently our cafe in Newberg is working with an espresso machine that does not quite meet our standard. I am looking for a used espresso machine with 3 groups and at least 2 boilers. I am framiliar with La Marzocco, so preferably I would l
Read more…Does anyone else out there struggle with the choice between semi or fully automatic espresso machines? I feel like I have more control over the shot with a semi-automatic. What do you all think?
Read more…Any "how to" or other resources for mastering a manual lever (is that redundant?) machine? I'm up here in AK, with no other manuals or experienced folks to show me the ropes.
Read more…I'm on the lookout for a great espresso machine for home. I'd like something that can pull shots and steam milk at the same time and prefer a water tank to plumb water line. Some of my friends are recommending a very expensive commercial machine. I k
Read more…Anyone know who can fix coffee equipment at Dutch Harbor? I'm helping an aunt with opening a shop. There's only so much I can do for preventative maitanence on the equipment. If something goes terribly wrong, I'm wondering who am I going to call? Th
Read more…Some time ago I watched a video on YouTube of Mark Prince demonstrating some advanced press pot technique. you can watch the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfN116i4mVg. the basic premise is that after extraction is complete (3:30min) you s
Read more…