Awesome Article about a fellow BXer
Found this great article about Topeca Coffee - http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Seeds-of-Change-John-Gaberino really shows the seed to cup model! Great job John!
Read more…Found this great article about Topeca Coffee - http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Seeds-of-Change-John-Gaberino really shows the seed to cup model! Great job John!
Read more…can anyone provide feedback on the faema espresso machines???? it seems that south of the border, the only available company that provides support and service is faema. thanks.
Read more…I'm looking for a copy of the english translation of Phillipe Jobin's "Coffees Produced Throughout the World". Does anybody know where I can find this? I've tried the SCAA website, Amazon, BN, Borders..... Thank you! dennis
Read more…Working to improve Florida's coffee reputation, one shot at a time. Big focus on espresso quality, with guest and single-origin espressos rotating through the menu along with Intelligentsia's Black Cat. 6oz capps and 12oz lattes. All brewed coffees c
Read more…In the most recent AA Café Podcast (Recorded fairly regularly by the fine folks at DoubleShot Coffee Company in Tulsa, OK) the crew discusses how fresh should espresso be when it is served. Apparently at the SCRBC, Isaiah got comments on how the bean
Read more…Hey Everybody, I'm in the process of planning latte art throwdowns for the coffee shop I work at. Does anybody have any pointers/rules/anything that you have used for your throwdowns or that you have appreciated about the throwdowns that you have at
Read more…I leave for Albuquerque tomorrow morning. Anyone know of a good coffee shop there? Anything else fun to do? I will be staying at Best Western Rio Grande Inn 1015 Rio Grande Boulevard NW
Read more…Hi, I am looking for a spot to work and develope my barista skills, is there anyone know any place hire Part-time bairsta? Thanks
Read more…UPDATE: The full "photo booth" gallery is now up for the barista prom. You can view them on the photographers website at: http://holkphoto.com/baristagallery.html Also, they are available on PhotoShelter if you want to order prints! Enjoy, there are
Read more…Hey Guys, I was just wondering why Coffee Shops use Whole Milk ? Is it because it steams better or taste better ?
Read more…I am looking for a roommate to help defray travel expenses in Atlanta. I will be booking a room downtown with 2 beds for around $100/night. Wednesday the 15th through Saturday the 18th. Check out Sunday am. I don't snore and I'm not stinky. I will pr
Read more…i am planning to use a cold press system for iced coffee. could anyone provide some useful tips on grinding, brewing and storage of the coffee (how long can i keep it since it does take a while to make), etc???
Read more…I know this is gonna sound stupid but... my crema is hardening and dissipating real quick- the coffee I'm using is 4-5 days old so is it too fresh and needs more degasing or or has it staled - help!!!
Read more…i notice quite a few coffee houses that use the drip method where the brewed coffee goes straight into a thermal carafe for self service. can i utilize the same method for french press (bodum)? i would like to brew up several of the 12 cup bodums and
Read more…Someone said that if you go to italy and order a Latte, they'll give you milk, and if you order a Au lait they'll give you brewed coffee and steamed milk is this TRUE ?
Read more…http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/12/DDMK164G9L.DTL A very thorough and surprisingly accurate article about Bay Area coffee. Woot!
Read more…Has anyone used the Dalla Corte machines? I'm looking at Syneso which I totally can't afford and have a line on a Dalla demo model for much less for our new shop opening in September. Thanks in advance.
Read more…Hey everyone, I'd like to start a discussion about dose and flow. Are you always using say, 14g, of coffee and aiming for it to drip at 7s, cone at 10s, and finish at 30s.......or do you adjust your parameters to achieve the best result for that day
Read more…Hi everyone! I am currently based in Auckland, and was wanting to get in contact with any other NZ members here on bx! I know there are groups etc, but i would like to encourage and promote NZ members here on bx, and create more of a community feel
Read more…