The point of this discussion is to find out if any of you play Cafe Games? For Example: Choose a drink, Decaf, soy, latte, extra hot and the first person to take an order for one gets a bonus.
Here is the latest game we are currently playing: (Needs
Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so - how difficult, to switch a roaster (such as a Ambex YM-2) from Natrual Gas to Propane? Know of one for sale that is Natural and would like to have it be a bit more mobile until a permanent location coul
Darth Vader has been re-born. We have enough donations now to replace the Darth Vader piggy bank, thanks to the following for your contributions:
Terry Z @ Espresso Parts
Matt M @ American Barista Coffee School/Barista Exchange
Jay @ Dillanos
Jeff G
The Drip Station is the perfect addition to any retail coffee establishment and with the popularity of single cup brewing on the rise, it is a perfect way to expand your coffee menu.
With the simple nature of pour over coffee brewing, our new Drip
Read more…
I was talking to a customer yesterday about teas. Somehow we started talking about Rooibos. I pronounce it Roy bus. She said, "oh that's how you say it. I heard it called differently" Which she couldn't remember how it was pronounced. So anybody know
I just acquired two kiosks located in hospital and adjacent professional building. 80% of customers are hospital staff. The thought is to create website to drive additional business to kiosks and expedite ordering process while employees are on break
Portland, OR (February 9, 2009) – Two new half-day latte art and sensory skills training workshops will be held concurrent with this year’s United States Barista Championship in Portland at the American Barista & Coffee School on March 5th.
And the winner of the Great Lake Regional Barista Competition is ….
Scott Lucey
Alterra Coffee
Milwaukee, WI (pictured center)
And the runners up are…
#2 – Jesse Crouse, Intelligentsia Coffee, Chicago, IL (right)
#3 – Trevor Corlett, MadCap Coffee,
So here is the question. I know the best way to store the coffee in small increments. But what about in large containers when letting my espresso rest for 5 days? What should I use then? Rite now I am using those large white buckets. Is that a mistak
I just started working with my new machine, the la cimbali M22. I'm having a few issues that I'm sure is probably me but want to rule out other things I may be overlooking. I'm very new to the industry.......I grind my espresso, load the porta filter
Central Bean is a 3rd wave coffee house in Newcastle that draws inspiration from the leading coffee businesses of the U.S. Pacific Northwest.
Espresso coffee is custom blended in a Pacific Northwest style, but roasted to a light Northern Italian deg
My coffee shop has a lot... and I mean a lot of great food and drink. Sometimes maybe a bit too much... or more than we normally ever sell. We're a pretty busy store, but not everyone comes in to drink AND eat.
We obviously have to get rid of food w
The New style of coffee shop opened in Tokyo, Japan.
"Drip Mania" operating by East JR (East Japan Railway Company), they handles almost 17 million passengers per day. The shop served the coffee, only hand drip coffee ($3.50-$4.00 per cup).
They only
Hi all,
I am doing my PhD research about the global coffee industry, and for part of my project, I need to visit a plantation. I am doing some comparison work - comparing a small-scale, organic, very high quality and ethically sound plantation with (
Hey all,
The SCAA is offering several Skill Building Workshops in Portland concurrently with the USBC. I am the lead instructor for the three cupping classes. I am looking for volunteers for table leads and also for porters. The cupping classes are
Mercy Corps is pleased to offer a lease opportunity for a unique café space in its new global headquarters building at SW Ankeny Street and First Avenue in Portland’s historic Old Town Chinatown neighborhood.
Be a part of Mercy Corps’ new global hea