The BGA is looklng for members to step up and "adopt " a National Champion to look after in Atlanta. The buddies would have the opportunity to help these Champions put on the performance of a lifetime. There is no competition experience necessary, ju
Just a reminder for those who are attending the USBC and may want to add a little education to the week. We are offering two different classes for the working/competition oriented barista or retailer, on Thursday March 5th 2009.
Class size is limite
hello everyone, from the worlds least organized barista. I was planning on attending the 2009 coffee fest in chicago until i recently found out that the person that was supposed to be getting me my ticket has failed to do so. I visited the website an
Mercy Corps is pleased to offer a lease opportunity for a unique café space in its new global headquarters building at SW Ankeny Street and First Avenue in Portland’s historic Old Town Chinatown neighborhood.
Be a part of Mercy Corps’ new global hea
I am finding myself deep cleaning more and more plexi-glass bulk coffee bins and really dirty hoppers. For the really bad jobs I use a degreaser-but not in the cafe of course and believe me it is a chore to remove all of the oils and then all of the
Anyone out there have a steaming secret or tip to share. In the past six years I have come across various methods of tamping steaming and pouring and all of them tend to have their own unique qualities. I've made and broken various habits as far as s
Hi! I'm looking to buy a new espresso machine for home and am having a hard time finding the psi (bars, atmospheres?) info for different machines.
I've got a Starbucks "Barista" machine and was thinking about replacing it with a "Rancilio Silvia".
Fr
Located in Duluth, GA, Chocolate Perks is a very down to earth shop that serves fine pastries and chocolates from our own private chefs . The scenery is beautiful and our employees will melt your heart with both drinks and words of praise. If you are
I work for Starbucks in Cornwall, England. Although we have a fantastic range of whole bean coffees on sale, We dont have some that are available to other Starbucks stores around the world. If anybody would be interested in sending me some or swappin
hi,
i work for the big green coffeecompany. perhaps somebody can answer me that question. our standard in germany is to pull always a doubleshot to create a"good" espresso. do somebody why it is impossible to adjust these expansive maschines, that t
Hi all,
It's Fairtrade Fortnight! Woohoo! :-)
Nothing much is happening in our little town, but to my surprise Starbucks are at least aware of this week's campaign. Their response? Today, from 2pm onwards, they are holding a Good Coffee Day. This mea
I have heard that some shops have gotten rid of the 20oz to go size. i am seriously considering doing it myself. has anyone done it recently? what kind of customer response did you get, if any? have you noticed any change in sales, etc? appreciate th