Sometimes we get a request for espresso "to go." We just pour it into a heated 8 oz paper cup, since that is the smallest size cup we carry. However, the presentation of espresso to go in an 8 oz cup is not very attractive. We don't encourage espress
We are planning on using square or rectangle tables that could be be put together for bigger groups.
I was just wondering what type, size & shape of tables you use and why.
We are an upscale coffee house with a more restaurant feel to the decor. Even
One of the questions I've been getting a lot lately since we're thawing out in Iowa...thank goodness, is people asking if we can add protein to our smoothies. We don't have this yet, but I am looking into it. I've been messing around with it but I pe
When Business is crazy busy, I'll steam in a bigger pitcher, then pour the appropriate amount of steamed milk into a preheated 20 ounce pitcher to do my art. I am self taught and never received any tips on what to do. What does everyone else do when
Hi All, I am opening a second cafe, and we are really trying to move toward customer education in the way of traditional sized cappuccino's (5-6oz) and lattes (traditionally 5-6oz, but up to 12oz.). We don't want to be militant about our size offerin
Mercy Corps is pleased to offer a lease opportunity for a unique café space in its new global headquarters building at SW Ankeny Street and First Avenue in Portland’s historic Old Town Chinatown neighborhood.
Be a part of Mercy Corps’ new global hea
We've just gotten our new crop in from the farm, and I was talking with Johnny (our roaster) about espresso blend development. I'm curious what different methodologies people use in testing new espresso blends.
In the past I've only adjusted grind f
I don't mean a photo of your menuboards - I want to see how all your drinks are presented and defined - I'm curious about the variation around the world.
So, this thread is for everyone to post some pictures of their coffees - latte/cappucino/etc and
Just wondering if anyone makes an extra effort when someone orders espresso from you. Like after I ask the person if they've had espresso before, I do my whole little routine. I make sure the cup is nice and hot while remove all the little amounts of
BX'ers,
For personal reasons, we are needing to sell our established coffee house location in Fishers IN immediately. Commercial/Specialty equipment includes: 3 Group LaMarzocca Espresso machine, 2 Bunn Brewers, 2 Blendtec Blenders, LaMarzocca Swift
A question for the group - do you agree with the idea that you shouldn't clean coffee stuff with dish soap?
I know that commercial cleaners like Puro Caff, Caffeiza, etc work better, and that's what we use at the shop. But at the house I personally
Serving the best specialty coffees from Caffe' D'arte, Portland Roasting, Spella Caffe', Ristretto Roasters and more to come. Dedicated to offering the finest coffees, espresso blends and single-origins (either as espresso or filter cone brewed).
Tea
Hey all, River Road Coffeehouse in Granville, OH, will be hosting a pretty low-key jam Monday, February 9, in the evening. The focus will be primarily latte art with some espresso techniques. We'll be ripping shots of Ritual's current SweetTooth offe
So I have an ongoing barista education program at Burgie's here in Ames. This month's theme is model cafes. Ones that we can learn from, take lessons from, model after, etc. I found a great article about Intelligentsia where they give their mission s
Hello bXers!
I mentioned earlier this month that we will be rolling out our bX partners discount series, and we have the first opportunity available now. This first discount is offered by the American Barista & Coffee School.
For the next three mon