Intelligentsia Venice Store - Updates/Training
I got an email from Joshua Lurie at Food GPS out of L.A. with links to two articles he wrote on the new Intelligentsia Venice location, and a bit on their hiring and training strategies.

I got an email from Joshua Lurie at Food GPS out of L.A. with links to two articles he wrote on the new Intelligentsia Venice location, and a bit on their hiring and training strategies.

Planning on upgrading equipment in May, and am deciding on a new set of grinders and looking for opinions. So what do you guys think and why? Mazzer Robur E? Mazzer Royal E? Anfim Super Caimano? Other? For info we go through ~30 pounds of espresso
Read more…We specialize in GREAT LOCALLY Roasted Coffee! We are serving up some of the very best espresso drinks in Albuquerque. How can I say that? It is simple. We grind our espresso FRESH for each drink, our regular espresso is roasted fresh each week, and
Read more…Hey bX land! The new official website for the USBC 2009 is up! http://www.usbc2009.com I have been in a lot of the "party planning" committee meetings leading up to this event and boy do we have some cool stuff in store. More to come on the extra cu
Read more…We were talking around the store today about all the different names for drinks. We call coffee with a shot a Red Eye. We have also heard it called a Shot in the Dark. Along those same lines, we are trying to decide what to call a Chai with espresso
Read more…Worship-worthy coffee, with all the appropriate freshly baked and freshly squeezed extras. If and when you stumble upon Joe Momma's Coffee, you'll wonder whether you've died and gone to heaven. And perhaps you have. No worries...if you remain motionl
Read more…I'm thinking about switching over my shop to use naked portafilters exclusively. They seem to pull an amazing crema and require a lot less cleaning. Has anyone been through this before? are there pros and cons that I'm missing? Do I need to keep the
Read more…Hello my name is Alexis and I am a graphic designer. I want to learn from Coffee shop owners about issues they have with their interior store signage. Does anyone have a particular website they frequent to buy signage for their store? Where your need
Read more…I was just checking out Cafe D'Artte and they have 2 alderwood roasted coffees. Is anyone else wood roasting coffee? To anyone who has tried them, does the wood smoke come through? What are your opinions?
Read more…After years of battling customers asking for frappa lappacino's and carmel macciato's I am proud to say the starbucks corporation has announced it will be closing its doors in my city. V day is today!! Horay!!!
Read more…Hello I'm heading down to do some solo backpacking through Argentine and Chile. Starting out in Santiago. I was simply wondering (hoping) somebody had some interesting coffee contacts/recommendations for me while I'm down there. Any shops and whatno
Read more…In your retail-commercial setups, how do you deal with brew temperature changes......... or do you...... if you have coffees that have different recommended/ideal brewing temperatures? This assumes you don't have a multi-group machine with individual
Read more…can anyone tell me (roughly, because i know we don't know with all certainty) when the goats first danced? i mean, when was coffee first discovered?
Read more…Are you thinking on a sumer o a few weeks job outside the U.S.? At our shop we always need an extra and expirenced hand. We are located in Guadalajara, Jalisco. MEXICO We are a prety unique and "indie" caffe
Read more…Chestnut Hill Coffee Co. opened its doors in October 2005 when longtime Seattle restauranteur Sultan Malikyar decided to fulfill his vision of bringing an authentic northwest espresso bar experience to Philadelphia. Legendary Master Barista John Horn
Read more…Hi all, if anyone know how to add the flavoring oils to fresh roasted coffee beans , i would appericate knowing. i contract out the flavored beans - but, i have sent to companies and got samples that have no directions on how much to use. Different s
Read more…I'm a bit curious I tried the search function but found nothing on this topic. How do you guys go about developing your taste palette? As often as I can, I cup as much coffee (and pull as espresso) as possible. Some coffee is easier to distinct betw
Read more…Hey coffee gang! :) I think I'm paying way to much on paper cups! Can anybody give me any good cup suppliers and java to go box suppliers. I worked with SYSCO and they were crazy high. Currently with Belmont but it seems almost every month my cup pri
Read more…