Has any one else been to Mercury Coffee in Detroit? I checked it out last night and being a Northwest coffee kind of geek, I was wondering what others thought? They are pulling Intelli blackcat and doing S.O. pour overs of some other Intelli coffees.
It is interesting to see more and more articles and declarations from retailers that sales are down. It does seem however that there are still ways to cater to your regulars, even if they are buying fewer cappuccinos. There is a cool article in the S
One Clover at this location.
Free public cuppings Fridays and Saturdays at 2 p.m.
Free wi-fi.
Paninis, sandwiches, pastries and baked goods.
Monday through Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Caffe Pronto has three location
Hey, I've been trying to get better at pouring competition style cappuccinos lately. Generally at my shop when I pour just one for a customer, the foam is great, it's really balanced, and the art is spot on. But when I practice and steam milk to pour
START THE NEW YEAR OFF RIGHT!
SCAA 3-day Skill Building Workshop
Atlanta, Georgia | February 13-15, 2009
Counter Culture Coffee Regional Training Center | 995 West Marietta Street N.W.
CUPPING | ESPRESSO | BARISTA SKILLS
-Gain valuable skills &
Hi, everybody. November 8th-15th I'll be traveling to Kona, HI. Anybody know/from any cool farms or cafes? Mabey even do an exchange or something? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Matt
i sort of cringe a little when i get handed someones nasty travel cup and i look in there to see layers of sludge and dried coffee inside. i think how nasty this cup of coffee will be no matter how good i make the coffee it will be tainted by hundred
The Rundown:This year the Western Regional will be held in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles' Historic Core District at the Historic Spring Arts Tower. Come see some of the most competitive baristas throw down to capture the title of Western Regional
one of my two favorite coffee shop in vermont. Barista owned and operated.The shop features an array of coffee products, baked goods, smoothies and homemade Italian sodas. Hours are 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays;
So here I go! I just bought a Torrefattore manual electric shop roaster and I have no idea how to use it. I have years of experience with large drum gas roasters (usually Probat) but never with something small or electric. I went back and forth for a
is there anything coming up? i have heard of some jams in other parts of the country, but so far nothing to my knowledge in Portland... we should change that... the machine at my shop is kinda a piece, or else i would try to host, anyone wanna? i wil
The retail cafes where I work are going to get rid of the drip coffee program. We currently offer several custom brew methods alongside the drip, but since none of our staff drinks drip, or supports drip extraction as an accurate brewing method, we s
I am looking for a good thermal pot for my shop. Preferably gravity fed. The boss would prefer something with a thermometer on it to keep an eye on heat loss. I am not finding anything out there. Are we just dreaming??
Just received an application from a barista that worked at Cafe Brioche in the Bolton Hotel in Wellington. Anyone been there or know anything about their program, their quality and/or what I might be able to expect from this Barista with regards to s
To all the baristas, shop owners,master roasters and all home baristas Happy new year hope to all of you that you'll have a productive and blessed new year. Lets share those ideas!! And make sure that everyone one drinks a good cup of coffee coz that
Caffè Umbria's flagship retail store is centrally located in Seattle's historic Pioneer Square. Occupying the very site first estalished by the Bizzarri family roastery in 1986, the café offers an authentic Italian bar experience complete with expert
WEBMD.com has a video article today about "The Truth about Coffee"
It talks about the health benefits of coffee and the down side to french press and Scandinavian boiled coffee.
After you se it come back here and talk about the health info or comme
We currently offer Reg Barber tampers to our wholesale customers but I have found a few that just don't want to spend the money. I know how important a good tamper and all of our cafes have Reg Barber tampers, so I'm not looking to get into a debate
Hey, guys. I just saw this "Ripple" tamper on Reg Barber's site today. This is the first I've heard of it. Does anyone have any experience with it? And what's the logic on using a tamper like that?