Its been a long road setting up shop but MadCap Coffee will be open for business tomorrow, Saturday, January 17th. We'll be open 8am till 11pm, rockin some El Salvador COE and Finca Vista Hermosa on the Chemex bar and offering our house spro and a si
Kind of equipment related.... more product related than equipment, oh well...
I've seen advertisements for it all over the place but I can't actually find a retailer to buy it through. Any help, anyone? And also, if anyone has tried it, what did you
your typical guest orders a drink, you with all your splendor and glory bust out a drink that is nothing short of perfection. you give them their bev, and they welcome themselves to a seat... 15 minutes pass, and this same guest returns to you asking
So at the shop I work we are getting more and more into latte art and for just plain necessity purposes we need new pitchers. I was thinking about surprising the baristas with some really good grade pitchers, with good art spouts. I have done a fair
I have a Diedrich IR-7 roaster that is about 3 years old. It is in a coffee shop I just bought, but I am remodeling the shop and need to remove it. It is in excellent condition and is still being used occasionally to roast for other shops in the area
This may be a little too over-the-top, but what place to admit being perhaps too into coffee (if there is such a thing) than here. I originally posted this over on CoffeeGeek, but I didn't really get the replies I was looking for, so I will try my lu
The Strutt is a Cafe/Bar/Restaurant offering live music every night along with jazz brunch on Saturday and bluegrass brunch on Sunday mornings. House baked pastries accompany our full restaurant menu. A wide selection of micro-brewed beer and imports
Located in downtown Holland, Michigan, JP's has a warm family friendly atmosphere with great conversation, delicious treats and of course, JP's great coffee and espresso. Join us in the living room for a latte and breakfast, or slide into a booth wit
I have a customer who is experiencing grinder woes...
She recently purchased a Capresso Burr Grinder (not sure which model) and every time she grinds espresso it ends up clinging to everything except her portafilter. (I bite down on the urge to tell
Where is your favorite cafe? I believe that as coffee lovers we should be able to find decent coffee no matter where we are in the world, and also be able to support those cafes who spend time learning the art and serving great coffee. I travel a lot
The Celtic Cup Coffee House will be opening their doors soon. We are looking for a full time or a few part timers for the barista position(s). We thought we would throw it out there to our fellow Bxers at this time. Standard application procedure and
I am looking for the flavor profile and/or deteriorating rate of whole coffee beans & coffee grounds, from day1-day 30 (I know the first couple of days the beans are degassing). If someone has this info in a graph or if you can point me in the right
I've been using a bottomless portafilter in my cafe for about a year now. There is one thing I can't seem to figure out. The stream of the coffee more often than not is tilted to one side of the portafilter. It tends to lean towards the back. We've c
I have never had one. However with bucks a little tight I thought it may be time to give something back for customer loyalty. We have a dedicated following from customers that only want an espresso, brew, pastry, bagel, breakfast panini ,etc. I feel
I need to stop my hot water dispenser from dripping on my espresso machine. I am very handy and careful. I have a lamarzoco 2 group. I am not sure what I will need. Is there a gasket ring or something that will resolve this problem? suggestions?
I just want to say, cleaning our Gb5 always causes blood loss and dizziness. The front tray cover has the sharpest edges in the world and I often use it for shaves in the morning. The worst part is if it wasn’t the greatest I would kick and body slam
Located in the heart of the Pearl District, Caffè Umbria's newest retail store provides Portlanders with an authentic Italian café bar experience. The menu of light Italian fare includes traditional cornetti (croissants) and local pastries, apéritifs