I recently interviewed this girl whom needed a job very quickly, however I couldnt hire her until November when I open. She had already told me that she was do to start with Starbucks and wished that we were opening sooner so wrote me thanking and wi
(Since Nov '07, formerly Paradise Cafe & Espresso Bar)
Focus is on traditional espresso beverages, all shots pulled nekkid doubles our in house roasted Delirium blend on PID'd 3grp Linea. Straight shots given the respect they deserve served on small
I'm visiting some farms in the Yoro Region of Honduras, but will be in San Pedro Sula for the last day, does anyone have any recommendations for shops in SPS?
The Australian Barista Championships are being held on January 30, 31 & February 1 at the Gold Coast Exhibition & Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
The Repechage opens proceedings on the Friday (Jan 30), with the top 5 going throu
This place has been open for about 9 months, it was opened to give students a great place to study, and makes some of the best coffee in the greater phoenix area i would say.
has anyone ever noticed any noteworthy alignments of two or more events or circumstances without obvious causal connection at their cafe, on barista exchange or at competition?
one of the strangest things i've noticed today, is the fact that my bari
Why Are People Crazy About the Rancilio Silvia ?
1. This Machine is Based on a Commercial Design.
2. The Machine Makes Thick Bodied Crema at 9-15 Bars of Pressure.
3. It's Made from one of the top Industry Profesionals "Rancilio" .
4. It has a sle
Read more…
I thoroughly love training, which I see as basically trying to translate enthusiasm. The challenge lies less in conveying technique, and greater in generating excitement. How do you get someone to care (obsess) over extraction over and over and over
I was worndering if anyone has expirience with Cadco grills. We are specifically looking at the CPG-20 Ceramic plate model. Are they reliable, easier to clean etc...
The narrative of "we need to treat coffee like wine" has been thrown around a lot over the last 5 years, and is gaining a lot of ground. I think it should. But I've been aware of some pitfalls that may confront us as an industry unless we have some e
What do you think of McDonald's entry into the "cappuccino?" and "latte" world? Should coffee aficionados consider this MickeyD's latest fad? Should anyone be concerned?
What are your thoughts?
I was just wondering if anybody has worked with or is familiar with Camano Island Coffee Roasters located on Camano Island, Washington and what your thoughts, feelings, experiences have been. Most of their business is international, so I realize that
As I've come to learn, it's a common practice to age (let rest for a certain period of time) an espresso to allow the crema and, to some extent, flavor develop to their full potential. Obviously, freshness is always a priority when it comes to coffee
Does anybody know where i can get a decent map of the growing regions in the world. I've searched the Internet and the images i found just aren't cutting it.
Thnx
Djaya
Considering this for a low-mid volume shop. Any thoughts on the reliability, servicability, and quality of output for this machine? I am used to Italian machines and was wondering about the Gaggia. Their smaller units have an OK reputation in the hom
I was wondering what everyone thought about offering discounts and coupons to drive more traffic to your shop. Pro or cons. I recently posted a new ad in a college paper offering a 10% discount if a student shows their ID. Good or bad idea?
We are ineffably excited and eager to announce that Dillanos Coffee Roasters will be hosting the 2009 NWRBC January 9th-11th at the Temple Theater in beautiful Tacoma, WA.
Stay tuned for more info. I will be passing details on as soon as they com
Read more…
Calling all baristas and coffee enthusiasts! Register to compete in your regional barista competition for 2009, all leading up to the United States Barista Championship in Portland, Oregon March 5-8!
Join us at the upcoming regionals:
MOUNTAIN REGI
Min. wage, at least in Oregon has gone up .50 and that is only the most recent wage increase. My state has done this very often. I have absorbed min. wage increases (and the accompanying raise for everyone else above min. that always happens), the in
Hi,
We are about a month out from opening and as we are setting equipment up and playing with recipies etc we would like to offer free drinks to workers on our site and in other units(it's a new complex) and anyone else that happens by. Thoughts on t