Hi. My shops got two Mazzer grinders--one a Super Jolly and the other a Major Royal. I'm learning about general care (diassembly/cleaning/reassembly), but was curious about ..the grease substance on the grinder? if it's wise to really deep clean that
Crema is the thick, golden-brown foam that develops in the filter and encrusts the top of an espresso serving. Crema gives espresso its complexity, depth of flavor and texture. Crema is the single most important indicator of espresso quality.
Proper
Filtry is one of the first speciality coffee orientated places in Poland, contributes a lot to a newly born and growing coffee culture in this country. Its a small place but takes brewing coffee very serously. Coffee served here comes from our local
Hello Everyone,
I'm hoping you can help with some inexpensive countertop ideas that you've come across or have used yourself. After really looking at the budget again we decided to get real and that granite counter wasn't happening. Any thoughts wou
Is anyone hiring for barista in or or near Chapel Hill NC? I'm thinking of moving down there pretty soon. i just want to get away from maryland for a little while. And experience something new and different. aite let me know. thank!!!-)
On our first Christmas together, my wife and I decided that we should get a special coffee to drink Christmas morning. Many years ago it was the special-order Jamaica Blue Mountain that our local shop in Burlington VT (Uncommon Grounds) would order j
moving this from Panini & gelato chat:
I would like input on Gelato display... We are looking to buy the Master-Bilt Gelato case. Made in the USA parts and service readily available. We would have loved one of the Italian models but couldn't justify
Would anyone care to share how they choose to store their green beans? I'm a roaster starting out and I've been reading voraciously. I see how temperature and humidity play a role, how surrounding smells play a role, etc...but so far no suggestions a
I'm trying to take a close look at our waste on espresso and wanted some help from others who may have solved this issue.
We use a super jolly manual in the usual way (grind, dose, settle, up-dose, level, tamp) but always have a 10/15 gram pile of w
First, I want to say thank you to EVERYONE who's offered some kind of advice.
What's better Foam or Paper hot cups?
What kind of fatigue mat do you recommend...
Those of you in the North Carolina area can you give me the name of a local paper distr
How can we coffee retailers survive this scary recession?It's here and we all know what we have to do: cut costs and add revenue. Let's use this exchange for what it's perfect for! If you have a product or a promotion or something that's working to a
A confluence of events of the past several weeks has led me to be increasingly interested in teas. I've been taking a pretty simple approach so far - water off the boil into a mug containing a tea bag... steep using "the force" or until I remember to
Temple Coffee is located in Downtown Sacramento. Highly accolated far and wide, Temple has been serving Sacramento the finest s.o. spro, high grade tea, and hot baristas since 2005. Come in, hang out, have a french press, and kick it with the coolest
My wife and I are heading up to PDX next week and need a place to stay the night of the 30th. Any barista couch surfers out there? We'd love to talk coffee and drink a beer with you, although just a sip for Jen as she is pregnant. Thanks!
I'm interested in what other folks are doing for capps to-go. Right now, we do a 10-oz for singles, and a 12-oz for doubles (don't worry, we're using regular demitasses for for-heres). Obviously, this creates some problems: most of our customers know