I'm in the process of shopping for a water filter/processing system for my coffeehouse. I see that there are many types of systems on the market from simple to complex, many with their own claim to fame. I read "Jim Schulman's Insanely Long Water FAQ
As I'm relatively new to the industry i want to get my own tamperkit. Can anybody tell me what to get and where to get it considering i'm from Belgium.
Greets
Djaya
I want to start a stand on my college campus. Small with the basic drinks done real well. and a few fresh baked goods daily. How much start up would one need to do this? I'm thinking Cart, La Marz. machine, register, and operating costs for 6 months
has anybody else come across milk (especially full fat) that just refuses to froth (for cappuccinos). we come across it quite often, where a whole batch of milk froths then just collapses, the bubbles just burst and it all falls flat. we even asked o
I run a coffee blog in Melbourne which I’ve recently expanded to include reviews of coffee beans. The aim is to buy different types of beans, brew the coffee myself and review.
Being fairly new to this I’m not sure of the best way to brew the coffee
A college/community coffee shop that provides quality, handcrafted espresso drinks, authentic Italian gelato and light fare in a comfortable setting. Voted the Lehigh Valley's "Best Coffee" and "Best Coffee Shop" in 2006, the Cosmic Cup strives for e
We're obsessed with good coffee... and we wish everyone else was too.
We are nestled along the spine of the Alaska Range in the most beautiful place in the world: 1/2 mile north of the entrance to Denali National Park. The Black Bear is known to conv
The Today Show had an expert today that said that the oils in coffee inhibit the metabolism of cholesterol. She said to use brewing methods with a filter to block these oils. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone know what study this could be from? Is t
Those of you who have business, what legal structure did you choose and why?
Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Company, or Corporation? I am asking because I purchased my dream home in May and don't want any issues with that if my
I have been considering the conversion to only two drink sizes. 8oz and 12oz?
My caffe is supposed to be strongly Italian/ European influenced, which is outstanding in some ways: expectation of quality, passion for the COFFEE (milk is additional), s
I have recently become pretty excited about siphon pots and have been doing my research on heating options. I think that I want to get a butane burner to replace the alcohol burner that will be coming with my vac pot, but wanted to save some money on
Hey all -
I'm looking for a few good writers and passionate coffee people to write articles about coffee, brewing, processing, growing and other aspects of our world of coffee. If you've got something you're passionate about and are ready to write a
Il Espresso has several shops in the Surry Hills/Liverpool Street area of Central Sydney. Using a San Marino 2 group machine, the coffee served is good. The plae on Liverpool is small and cozy, pretty close to Hyde Park. Its busy early morning weekda
If coffee is promoted as "high quality" (whether as beans or as a drink in a cafe) - what do you interpret that to mean? Good quality beans? Skilled baristas making it? Both?
Would cafe owners charge more for what they consider High Quality coffee? A
I am thinking of expanding my business to include an Espresso/Coffee cart that I can take to events around Southern Arizona. This is an area I have no current expierience and would love to hear from folks who have done this in other areas. What shoul
Hey friends.. so, as I've mentioned, we're trying to change things up at the cafe.. realized that all the changes might not make a difference if we don't change the name of the shop, too! we realize, with a name like ours, we'll probably never get re