So the more I cup coffee the more I am convinced that we should not be serving any coffee to customers that is over 160 degrees F. When we cup we don't even really taste anything untill it reaches below 160 degrees F. And it is best between 80 to 130
In the last week or so I have been getting a lot of spam from "coffee" related companies who picked up my e-mail from CoffeeFest reg (I assume)...
Anyone else experiencing this?
Kind of annoying and unexpected...
Trying to find a blender that will be good for smoothies and frappes but on a small scale. Vitamix 3600???? 4500??? Not trying to spend more than 400$!!! What about Blendtec??? Let me know what you guys think and thanks to everyone who responded to t
I am opening a coffee house in August and I want to get customers to order a French press serving of whatever fresh roast is available. Do you use a small grinder set aside just for the French press? Do you use timers on the press and allow the custo
Hey all, I recently relocated to Burlington and am looking for a barista job. Have 1 year of experience at a cafe in St. Louis. If anyone has any leads or is looking for someone let me know. Thanks!
Anyone? Anyone? Let's hear it.
Since we have Vivace, Lighthouse, Stumptown and of course Vita and Starbucks... I imagine that there are a number of Seattleites here?
To all the baristas shop owners please help me! I will be taking part in the barista champs few weeks from now so i have no idea what to do. So please if you can help that would be great coz they telling me that i must have a theme and i don't have a
I just wanted to post an update on what’s going on with the Barista Guild. Many of you think that because the BGA site and forum have gotten a little stagnant, there’s not much going on with the Guild, and you couldn’t be more wrong. First, to addres
I am hosting the Charlotte Skill Building Workshop Nov. 7th-9th, and will be receiving (3) Rancilio Classe 10s for the classes. These machines have been demo units, and will be available for sale for half off their normal price! Never installed in a
I am looking at an Ambex YM-15 and don't know too much about Ambex. Good? Bad? How different will it be from my Diedrich IR-3 besides just the size of the roast size?
Any imput would be great.
Thanks.
Oi kids - I don't know if this has already been talked about, but there's a gathering tomorrow from 4-10 in South Philadelphia at the Rim Cafe - 9th and Federal. Open forum, siphon convo, latte art, recipe sharing - in general hang out with a very li
I am pretty sure that all the independents posting here would cringe reading the article below. Its pretty interesting that apparently this is Corporate policy out of Seattle, I am sure some of the Starbucks barista who are on bx could confirm i this
I am looking to improve on my temp response time on my Diedrich IR-7. Gas flow or air flow modifications are eluding me. Does anyone have any good improvements that I could do (besides buying a Probat)? Thanks all...
As a sidetrack from the "What do you call a shot of espresso in a cup of coffee" thread, what do you call a Chai/Cider? Do you even serve it? It's annoyingly popular at the shops I have worked at. We hear Chaider, Witches Brew, and currently I'm digg
We have a drink we call the Cola Head (coke head was the orginal name but of course we can't use that...). It is a combination of vanilla, espresso and Coke. It has become a signature drink of our shop.
Anyone else out there with some wild wacky dri
Hey I work for a company called Soyaworld. We manufacture Soy beverages, I was wondering, which is the most popoular soy beverage that people use? Also why do you feel that one is the best. How much would you consume in the cosume in the course of a
In Trieste, Italia, will be biannual espresso expo 13.11.-15.11. Will anyone from The States or elsewhere be there so we can meet as baristaexchange members!?. Im not gonna compete even there will be European Barista Team Championship. Anyway, if any
An article on Cincinnati.com financial troubles effecting coffee ordering at a local coffee shop.
From the Article:
"Our downtown customers are more price conscious," he said. "The average income is not quite as high as in Mount Lookout, so it has