We've been struggling and going back and forth between buying a traditional cash register with a good amount of keys and report printing options or the POS system. While one is much cheaper than the other ( $1000 Vs. $5000), a POS that is compatible
Hey all you NY baristas. I received an email from someone who just bought a home machine and would like to have someone come do some training this weekend at there place in Soho. If you are available, send me your info, what you would charge, and ava
A cool Mexican café, which has been presented with awards for its food by Gary Rhodes and for preparation of the best quality British meat and quoted as preparing the best coffee in Darlington. All staff are barista trained and strive to keep quality
Everyone here on BX has some sort of strange, comedic or unbelievable story that happened to them while working in the cafe'.
I think i have the craziest one ... but i want to hear some others first ;)
Got a good one? post it here!
ZEKE!
I was in a Starbucks this afternoon to say hello to a Store Manager (a friend, great manager and passionate about coffee). A customer made his order and we visited a little bit inline. When I asked him what line of business he was in, he replied he's
Hello out there. Does anybody have experience sample roasting on a Jabez Burns-- old school style. I'm taking over the quality control lab at Atlantic Specialty (my new company--) LOVE it ) and I'm roasting on a quirky JB. I have roasted on them befo
Anyone around Bentonville/Rogers/Bella Vista Arkansas that has or knows of any good coffee shops? I'll be out there next week doing a Festival & I'll have a day and a half off. Always try to find good shops. I found one last year that wasnt bad but I
I've got an awesome local dairy I'd like to approach. There milk is unbelievably sweet and delicious. However, it is unhomogenized. Does anyone have experience using unhomogenized milk in either a home or commercial setting for espresso-based drinks?
Hi There Everyone!
I recently started a coffee club because of the need for a recognized coffee culture in the Tampa Bay/St. Pete/Clearwater area. The goal of my coffee club is to create a social atmosphere where coffee enthusiasts can experience art
Near Land's End in Cabo San Lucas Mexico, The Cabo Coffee Company has established itself as the premier gourmet coffee roaster in Baja California Sur. With two locations in Old Town Cabo we are a favorite gathering place for locals and tourists alike
In the past 6 months i have been researching and talking to people in the industry about temperature stability in espresso machines. As far as i know machines such as la marzocco, dalla corte and the synesso machines boast a very stable, very consist
I would like to pose a theory for debate. When using a french press I have always been told to decant the coffee right away. The idea is that the liquid coffee is passing back and forth past the filter in the press -therefore over extracting the brew
I have a 2 group Vip N. Simonelli for sale. The boiler was cleaned and descaled last year and has new screens and gaskets.
I also have a a 3 group Vip N. Simonelli for sale. The boiler was replaced two years ago as well as the water pump last year. T
Hi...my 9 year old Nuova Simmonelli machine is down for the count indefinately and I am looking to grab up another machine, hopefully another Nuova Simmonelli or San Marco???? Budget very low, so I am looking for a good condition, maintained, 2 head
I would like to know your 3 Favorite drinks, whether it's the method you prepare it, the way you roast it, or the actual bean, be specific as possible.**warning**More difficult than I thought, If my 3 fav change..Blame it on the coffee!!! Just really
Looking for a good bookkeeping service here in Seattle that will help me streamline my bookkeeping tasks and make sure I'm recording everything correctly. Someone with Quickbooks expertise as well.
So if anybody has any references, please shoot me a
I love black coffee - especially made with a french press (or a Clover). Since I live in the San Francisco bay area there are alot of great places to get a good cup of black coffee. They are places like Verve in Santa Cruz, Ritual, Coffee Bar, Philz,
Its a Cafe, its a Lube shop... What do you think? Yeah they are seperated by a wall so there isn't coffee in the oil or oil in the coffee... Well I work there and its great so far. I work with some great people, most of which this is there first time