who has a new total for the amount of sugar to be put into a coffee? the most i've been asked for was 7, and he was a chef by trade! wonder what his cooking was like!
at times, i must admit, it seems sacrilege to be timing a shot and then to have to
Dunn Bros Coffee specializes on freshly roasting coffee beans on-site in each of its stores. Most locations use industrial grade 75-pound "San Franciscan" roasters. Not all, but most kind of beans are roasted every day and are rotated after sitting f
I can see that most of you guys are Barista Trainers.Have You finished any Barista School for Trainers? Can You please recommend a certification program where You can become Certified Barista Trainer?!
Ok, I've talked to my boss recently about how we only serve organic/Fair trade coffee. But its silly not to use organic milk. So he told me that I should go out to other cafes and if they serve organic milk ask who there supplier is. Well I've been o
We've been noticing for a while now that our register is always off...usually it's short, but sometimes it's over. Not just a few dollars, usually like $30-$50.
Another problem is we have a change "bucket" in the safe that's supposed to have $250 re
Anyone have experience dealing with altitude and brewing coffee?
One of the apprentices at Intelli LA was curious how to deal with water that boils at 196 degrees.
Do you simply ignore the boiling and take the temp up to 200 or so?
Nick
A few years ago I was managing a fine Italian restaurant at which I did everything from hire, serve, clean toilets, & cook. I ended up taking on the job as Dessert Chef for the year I was there which I learned alot of incredible Italian dessert recip
Come and unwind at our new coffee shop and cafe. The Daily Grind offers a large variety of specialty espresso drinks, smoothies, Italian sodas, frozen Blendz drinks, fresh criossant breakfast sandwiches, delicious muffins and pastries, fresh baguette
Come and unwind at the Daily Grind of Mansfield. We offer a great assortment of specialty espresso drinks, smoothies, Italian sodas, gelato ice cream, fresh croissant breakfast sandwiches, bagels, muffins and pastries, baguette sandwiches, soups, and
A friend and I just recently had an espresso machine breakdown and were forced to offer strictly drip coffee. We brewed up chemex pots. I was amazed at how people were willing to wait for a simple cup of brewed coffee, but more amazing was the amount
Anyone out there much into Italian Desserts? If so, have you ever had Panna Cotta? Panna Cotta translates to Cooked Cream & its one of my favorite desserts. I do an Espresso Panna Cotta, & a Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta. When finished it is alot like a c
Hi All,
Mainly for the UK guys I think, If any of you have newish Iberital machines I'm trying to get to the bottom of a blowing group solenoid issue. It's happned to enumerate machines. We changed the plugs as there was some suggestion that the con
I am interested in doing my part and learning about the WBC for future competitions. Can anyone direct me in the way of helping or even becoming a certified judge?
we're looking for a new place to print our shirts. we would prefer it to be printed on american apparel or organic cotton...
anyone have any resources???
Hello bXers! Many have been asking about a bX meet up party at Coffee Fest Seattle, well ... here it is. Victrola Coffee Roasters has been awesome enough to partner with Barista Exchange and host the party and latte art smackdown Saturday night durin
I have learned so much from this site and Im so happy that people that have been in the coffee industry for such a long time will help us who want to learn more.
Ok on to the question.
Im trying to figure out the perfect way to pull Ristretto shots.
Java Java is a drive thru espresso shop proudly serving illy espresso. We are a member of Coffee Kids and the SCAA. Opening in 1993, we are the first drive thru espresso shop in the state of Wyoming. Centrally located on the Main street of Riverton,
I'm working with a couple to completely revamp a menu for a drive-thru kiosk just outside of green bay. Under previous ownership the business struggled and eventually failed. Blind to the prior state of the business, the new owners kept the same name