Here's one for the indie people. Do you identify your roaster in your store? If so how? Branded bags? Some sort of signage?
We currently use roaster-provided branded bags for our retail bean sales. We also mention our roaster (Dilworth Coffee here i
Let me begin by saying that I like the way my two Anfims grind coffee. I also like the way that they distribute into the pf. I like the timers and they are shiny! BUT....
What is up with the huge gap between the burrs and the doser? I feel a little d
Welcome to Khona, Victoria's trendsetting café that combines superior quality products with socially responsible practices.
We offer premium estate, shade-grown, bird friendly, fair trade coffee of the highest quality beans along with a large variet
Does anyone know if the competitors for the Latte Art Championships have to bring shot glasses or are they providing that for us? I was going to go get some, but I'm super sick and would rather not have to if they are going to have them for us.
I di
Hi friends,
I was introduced here by Sylvia Gutiérrez and I found the community very interesting. Well, I would like to present you a new project from the International Coffee Organization which aims to gather coffee industry members from around the
I need some of you old-timers (time in industry) to write a blog or posting or submit a file for use...
"How to Correct a Bad Shot when it's not your bean or roast."
A quick reference guide that can be posted behind the counter for when shots go wro
So, a few days ago I was faced with a new question. The culprit: heat. Allow me to explain...
Grinders grind. All day, every day they keep on grinding. We learn through experience that a hot temperatured grinder will ruin those delicate oils in the
Hello fellow baristas,
I have a Nuova Simonelli Kiara 6 that I am looking to unload due to I use it very rarely because I am so accustomed to the 3 sink process. Any interests...new like 5k and I am looking at around 2k used...can take pics and deli
a small and friendly coffee bar within jesmond metro staion in newcastle upon tyne. with excellent baristas and a great following of regular customers.
We are going to have a part time position for a barista opening up soon. We are located in inner SE, Portland, OR. I absolutely want someone who is passionate about coffee but also humble when faced with the idea of preparing espresso and serving cof
FELLOW BARISTA ,PLEASE ,HELP ME UNDERSTAND.
I PULL A WELL TAMPERED SHOT OF ESPRESSO THAT FLOWS LIKE HONEY INTO MY CUP ,TOP IT WITH HOT WATER TO MAKE AN AMERICANO ,ONLY FOR MY CREMA TO DISAPPEAR.
I HAVE USED OTHER COFFEE BEANS AND GOT THE OPPOSITE RE
Greetings. Does anyone know of any roasting apprenticeship exchanges or internship programs? I'm a home roaster planning for a roaster/retail shop, and would like to get more experience for a defined period of time. Everything I've seen is for appren
Hi guys. Trabant will be hosting a party at our downtown location, Friday night, 8 pm. There will be a latte art showdown, Georgetown kegs, tastey treats, and spiked spro. Free to compete, prize pool contains Espro pitchers, Tamps, and an almighty Kr
This of course is most likely common knowledge to most....
My question is: We all talk about the importance of changing out the burrs on our grinders. I would like to know what the typical life cycle on burrs is? What do worn burrs look like and fee
we have all heard of the slow food movement. is anyone doing slow coffee. basically is anyone not doing all the milk drinks and having success with that. i believe the time has come to kill the latte'! people are ready to experience brewed coffee aga
I've been thinking about trying my hand at making Turkish coffee. Our neighbor in the shopping center is Lebanese, makes a good cup, and has offered to show me how. However, I'm not going to use that preground powdered stuff... authentic or not. I'm
We're having a latte art smackdown Victrola-style, music, food, and of course beer! It all starts at 7pm.
All are invited. Come check out the roastery, throw back a few and join in the heckling as baristas compete for the best pour! $5 gets you into
the drive-thru kiosk i manage is one of the only (decent) coffee stops in my small town, so we're frequently asked to re-create starbucks' drinks. each day, at least a handful of people observe the menu, and then ask for caramel macchiato. so i prepa