I'm looking forward to competing in the Great Lakes this March and I've begun looking around at different cappuccino and demitasse cups online. Any pro's out there on this growing barista exchange (Heather Perry), with some suggestions for us competi
Not heaps, sorry... It is 1.15am, and I just got home from there.
They're at: Tropical Salooon Dot Com
Will post more in the morning. Latte art throwdown was won by Will, I think? Can anyone confirm? Good amount of money to charity there.... Nice o
Every morning, millions of people wake up to a hot cup of Folgers coffee. Others prefer gourmet coffee. Still, others prefer to grab a cup on their way to work. No matter the type you purchase, the production of coffee has resounding effects on coffe
Ok ... so this thread is for everyone attending Coffee Fest. Let's hear it, feel free to post here to keep everyone up to date. I'll start.
Set up booth at show, ran into some folks, Nick, Aaron Ultimo and others. Went to a killer dinner at Oyamel .
Flying Goat Coffee is looking for an experienced coffee roaster to lead our roastery team in Healdsburg, California (just North of San Francisco).
Loring Smartroast Kestrel S35 Roaster, full-time, competitive salary, benefits, travel, ALL quality, g
I am really excited about some new features to be released on Barista Exchange! Below are some of what will be released Monday night.
* Mass Uploader for Photos, Videos, and Music/Podcasts
* Blog Improvements
* A Music Player Facelift (including pop
So, this event happened and Pete Licata from PT's won. Anything else happen? Great drinks? Scandalous presentations? Bad roommate situations at the hotel?
Surely sombody somewhere knows something!
Hey,
This is a big ask, but I'd really really love to see how good coffee is roasted, learn how to do it etc. I'm at Sheffield university and researching the concept of wastage in the coffee industry, and part of the project requires me to have at le
I am opening the prototype of restaurant/Coffee house in Long Beach, CA. We have a rapid expansion plan. We will be roasting organic coffee in house. If you are looking to grow and understand roasting and coffee this is a great position. Very good be
Director of Café Operations
Do you like a hearty mug of coffee for breakfast, an afternoon cappuccino, or a dessert espresso? Would you like to lead and develop a growing chain of upscale cafés in an upbeat fun multimedia entertainment retail enviro
A great proportion of the coffee beans available to Africa and EU currently originate from Rwanda, and the cofee growing industry in Zimbabwe has sadly fallen through the floor, I hear strong mutterings around the brew pot that many Zim farmers have
So 2 days ago we try to roasting on automatic Brambati 30 kilo roaster. That was 2'nd time roasting for me & it was unbelievible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We roast brazilian santos. But we've notice something strange. Briefly we've 3 temperatures - 1st one in i
I am sitting in my dungeon of an office, and outside, I know it is drizzling cold rain... but I don't despair... why? Because I am sipping on a wonderful cup of Kona Coffee... but even that is not the whole story!
In August, I travelled to Kona with
What is the best way to find a espresso machines temperature? I know there's the Scace, but I was wondering if there were any guerrilla methods that anyone might have out there in barista world.
Ok all barista exchange members. Thanks to a generous offer from Nick Cho we will be throwing the first ever baristaexchange.com meet up, Friday the 15th of February during Coffee Fest in D.C.
Barista Exchange and Murky Coffee present a night of be
Read more…
This may be a novice thing to ask, but you never learn if you don't ask!
I had a macchiato the other day at a new coffee shop I was trying. The taste was really quite bitter, but what struck me oddly was how thick the shot was. VERY dark, but VERY t
I'm interested to hear people's feedback on their revenue impact for seasons. Specifically, I've noted a 30% decline in revenue's at my shop from October of last year until now. Most of the decline has occurred in the last 2-4 weeks. I can assume muc