Couch-crashing In DC: CoffeeFest 08
I'm flying over from London to attend CoffeeFest in DC, and wondering if anyone has a couch I could crash on for a night or two. I can clean, and cook. That's about it. Cheers, Styles.
Read more…I'm flying over from London to attend CoffeeFest in DC, and wondering if anyone has a couch I could crash on for a night or two. I can clean, and cook. That's about it. Cheers, Styles.
Read more…I was happy to see that the crew at www.CoffeeCrew.com posted a short blurb about Barista Exchange a couple days ago. Thanks guys! The mention starts out: Travel distant lands, meet interesting people... and brew them! The goal of the CoffeeCrew we
Read more…Hi everyone. I am glad to see people utilize the "Groups" function of the site, and many great groups have been created. I am trying to be pretty relaxed about what groups are created, and what not, but I will be deleting some of the groups that do n
Read more…How do you brew? What are your thoughts on grind, temp, dwell time, filter speed, retailing, etc? What your shop's/personal cup count? Do tell!
Here's a trivial & nerdy inquiry: After adding hot water into the French Press (or press pot), and after stirring the grounds, ...Do you immediately place the lid on as you steep the coffee? Do you leave the lid off during the steeping time? Bodum s
Read more…It can approve that the influence of the world coffee industry is in a wrong direction, as I can see and tell. Since they feel that they should learn from the world "new development", but in fact, they were leading to the wrong place. People are alw
Read more…We are now in election season for the SCAA. The current Board of Directors and the nominating committee has put force a slate of nominees: Current SCAA Board of Directors nominees : 2nd Vice President Nominee – Peter Giuliano, Counter Culture Coff
Read more…So, does anyone know of a cheap and easy method of finding the brew temperature of any given espresso machine. I know that there is the Scace Device, but I can't get myself to lay down that much money ($274.85 - $427.12). Any idea will be tested, so
Read more…I have an other question for all of you: what is the difference in the cup between a conical grinder and a flat?
Read more…I Would really like to learn how to roast coffee, and would like to go to Italy, or any other place on earth that can teach me properly.
Read more…I would like to organize and host some educational public tastings. The issue is that the only space I have to work with is the retail floor at our main shops. I would like to offer various kinds of coffee with either similar characteristics, origins
Read more…When writing a description of a particular espresso character or coffee blend, is your description fact or opinion? ....."Wild blueberry aromatics, with sweet clean character, deep caramel undertones and spicy cardamom and pepper finish"..... Plea
Read more…Training is the cornerstone of any successful coffee business. You can use the best coffee available, have the best possible location, and buy top of the line equipment, but without proper instruction on preparation methods, there is no guarantee of
Read more…http://www.greatlakesbaristacompetition.com/ We are excited to announce that the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) has awarded Alterra Coffee Roasters and the city of Milwaukee the privilege of hosting the 2008 Great Lakes Regional Bari
Read more…I will be adding some cool features in the coming weeks to the site to make it even better, and I am eager to hear feedback from all members. The most recent addition is the "Who's Online Now" and "Chat" feature that can be found on the right hand c
Read more…We will be taking Ning and all networks off-line for some upgrades to the back-end systems on Sunday night, Jan 13th from 9PM-10PM PST. Sorry for the inconvenience, go read a book for an hour! :)
Read more…Who out there knows anything about visas? Could those of you in the know share a bit of your knowledge for hopeful exchange baristas and the people who hope to trade them?
Read more…