Which are the requirement to be considered a Barista. Specifically a Certified Barista. In PR there are Barista courses, but I want to know if there is requirements or regulations in PR. They charge fees of $350 average. what can you say about thi
Which are the requirement to be considered a Barista. Specifically a Certified Barista. In PR there are Barista courses, but I want to know if there is requirements or regulations in PR. They charge fees of $350 average. what can you say about thi
We are "re-tooling" our concept and looking to sell the following equipment.
The equipment is in excellent condition and is less than 1 year old.
Clover 1s
Fetco GR-2.2 Coffee Grinder
Faema X1 Granditalia
Please post with inquiries.
What advantages have you found with a POS system for your store compared to using a sophisticated cash register that has the capability of programing prices, etc? This question is referring to a store that is under $300K in sales. And, those that use
Well, after patiently waiting for 8 weeks to get my new 12 Kilo roaster from U.S. Roaster Corp., UPS Freight delivered it yesterday with some "obvious" visual damages.
I don't know if they have a bunch of gorillas handling freight at UPS, but my poor
I'm debating whether or not to compete in regionals. I've never competed before, but I feel like it is an amazing opportunity to learn and really hone my skills.
National Coffee Break day is less than 30 days away (1/20/11) and its not too late to get involved. The NCA is offering promotion ideas on its new website www.nationalcoffeebreak.org and Break Room blog as well as branded point-of-purchase materials
So, I'm currently managing a pretty old shop. They've done things the same way for a long time and, as a result, we have a coffee taste of ten years ago... I'm doing what I can with my resources to improve espresso quality and I've retrained the staf
I'll be heading to Las Vegas in February for a family wedding. Elvis won't be doing the ceremony, although I tried to get my niece to have him officiate.
Anyway, looking for some recommended coffee spots.
I'm working with a Faema E92 Elite 4-Group. And I've notice that everytime I'm pushing a button for a shot, the meter in the gauge (right under) goes to 10 bar.
Now I've read somewhere that the bar should be at 9 for extracting espresso
I'm brand new to the group and I am just in the process of researching a mobile coffee business. I've happened upon what looks like a real nice commercial 2 group La Spaziale machine for sale. This is supposedly in real good condition, an
I am taking over a coffee shop in a few months where I will be purchasing the assets from the landlord and renting the space from him. The whole place is setup and has what I need but I need to create the menu. A few questions:
Is anyone shipping Cascara these days? I know that Stumptown and CCC have had limited runs of it but according to their web pages, they're both out. Anyone know of a roaster that has some ready to go now?
I want to start by saying thank you to all the members on the site, as content moderation has been extremely minimal, and the exchange of information/networking on the site has been very positive! I am very pleased with the growth of the site, and th
I'm a very new Barista, only since March.
The woman who trained me (minimally) claimed that we should never, ever clean the portafilters?
Is she wrong? Won't all this old discharge from hundreds of shots effect the espresso?
I find the company I'm wo
We all are passionate about coffee. We gladly burn hours upon hours practicing, thinking, blogging, watching, and learning all about how we can prepare the coffee with excellence.
But do we clean our cafes with the kind of care that we use in prepari