Hey, I wanted to share about an incident that happened last week. Lately there have been a rash of robberies and hold- ups in our area. I have had my concealed carry for quite a few years now and hoped I would never have to use it.... Here is the pro
Friends! I am moving to Philadelphia and am without employment! I'm completely unfamiliar with cafes in the area - anyone have any advice? Anybody know of cafes that are hiring? What are some of the main cafes in the area?
Thanks!
I am very excited about the upcoming Coffee Fest show at the Meadowlands, NJ March 5th - 7th. In
this challenging time of economic uncertainty, with trusted advice more
valuable than ever, Coffee Fest brings you the nat
Just wondering how many of you have added your coffee shops at the website indiecoffeeshops.com no national chains are allowed. We found the website traveling recently it is a great sight.
Hello all, I just moved to las Vegas and was wondering if anyone needed the services of a super experienced talented Barista and well rounded coffee pro!
I'm opening a coffee roasting company in Auburn, Alabama. Any suggestions on espresso blending to start off? Roast profiles? How many espresso options should I offer to the community coffee shops to try and decide to carry? They all seem to want diff
I have a Hobart 3430 that I am restoring. I was wondering if anyone has been down this road before or could connect me to any resources that might unlock this machine for me before I get carried away with a screwdriver. Many thanks!
I'm working in North Carolina for a cafe that is just starting to roast it's own, and am flying into Seattle before driving out to Sandpoint for the Diedrich roasting class on feb. 8-9. I will be in Seattle on the 6th, 7th and 10th and am very inter
Is it just my imagination, or are the shots getting smaller and smaller? I just did an informal tour of some of the most-praised California coffee bars and rarely got a double with more than about ½ ounce in it. One such shop even had a sign explaini
I am hoping I can get a little advice from some business owners.
I'm in a major career transition and years away from owning my own coffee shop. My husband and I have agreed that we can't pursue our own business until he gains his Masters in Architec
Hi
I'm in the business of importing Lavazza Capsules into Austraia. We have been succesfull, growing fast, and we know that Nespresso has been extremly succesfull. We think that capsules have some real advantages in particular curcumstances (Some di
Hello all,
Looking to buy, USED, newer in good/great condition:
Diedrich Roaster IR 7 or IR 12
Diedrich DCO 7/12N Afterburner
Fetco 2052 brewer
1.5 Curtis Milano Servers (6), might be interested in LUXUS or Bunn.
Mahlkonig K 30's
Thanks,
We have begun to develop a level system to determine pay rate and encourage ongoing learning among our staff. My idea is to reward staff for training and to help foster greater employee loyalty. What do you guys think.I've just started to break down
Mine at the moment is the old favourite Yirgacheffe. Better than Bali methinks. However Bali indonesian is very smooth. Yirg' better though... I love to hear comments from the united Barista community on that?
Cheers Lomax
Head Barista
La Galette
Because we are on a little sandbar 420 miles south of Miami everything has to be shipped in and accordingly costs are much higher than mainland. Recently I saw an invoice for paper towels for automatic dispense
I've been to cities that have a great coffee culture, and all of the baristi and owners and even customers and vendors will support a community event. Be it a jam, a tasting, a cupping, or just a get together, the whole coffee community will pull tog
I am going with some friends and my wife to Costa Rica in February and wanted to know if anyone had any good connections to farmers/farms there. Anybody?