All Discussions (5553)
Anyone have an extra grinder they need to sell?
We need another grinder for our non-profit coffee house! Does anyone have one they would like to sell? Also, we have a completely loaded, ready to use rolling coffee cart for sale! It's in amazing condition and a steal to whoever buys it! Was only us
Read more…Question: Why is coffee Italian?
Yeah, I know it isn't. It doesn't grow in Italy. Gaggia machines may have been Italian originally, but what is it that makes big brand coffee shops insist that they are "truly Italian about coffee" or serve "the best espresso this side of Milan."? Is
Read more…how do you figure out which hours to be open
We're going on our second year, and I've been crunching some numbers. We are open 7am-6pm, and I'm starting to realize that we really only make $30-40/hour after 4pm. So I'm thinking about closing at 4pm, but I'm a little scared of turning away poten
Read more…Specialty Coffee Database
Is there anywhere one can go to look up specialty coffee shops in a given town or city when traveling?
Read more…Some PID questions
One thing that I wish I knew more about in terms of equipment is definitely PID controllers. What better place to ask (except for maybe espressoparts). I think I have a general idea of how they work (did a little Wiki research), although a lot of it,
Read more…For Sale - used 4 group La Marzocco Linea and Mazzer Grinder
4 group Linea, beautiful outside and in. completely rebuilt in NW. Last seen in perfect operation in Portland (cafe now closed). Currently in storage, tanks drained. Owners need fast sell as they are out of country. $4500. Not my machine, but trying
Read more…Espresso Grinders for Sale
My coffeehouse is doing some spring cleaning and I wanted to let everyone know what I have before I start posting to ebay, etc. I have 2 Rancilio MD50's (250ea) 2 Mazzer Super Jolly (500ea) 1 Mazzer Mini (300) Everything is negotiable. Feel free t
Read more…Home Burr Grinder ?
Getting a little further into the world of coffee and saving a little cash for a home burr grinder. Seen so many reviews of burr grinders for home use. I would like suggestions for grinders under 200 & 150 that people may have or no longer have (for
Read more…Fair Trade vs Rainforest Alliance vs Standard Coffee
There has been alot of hype around Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance coffee. In theory this is a great idea, and should be supported fully. But should the customer absorb the cost or the shop? And would you pay extra? Id like to know what your guys
Read more…French Press Coffee
Can anyone recommend a particular brand of French Press coffeemaker they prefer over another? I want to taste freshly made coffee from a quality French Press.
Read more…gourmet caffe bar "mirisi kave"
La Dolce Vita cafe
Located in Historic Frederick Maryland this coffee house offers the worlds best coffee from the nation's top awarded roasters.
Read more…Coffee Order SCAM! PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!
I have a small retail/ wholesale business and we have an online shop for our customer's to order coffee. I received an email today from my website and it sounded to good to be true, so I checked it out. TOTAL SCAM. Grrrr. PLEASE BEWARE! Apparently, t
Read more…**Thanks-Resolved** Looking for some help getting set-up before I open for business on Monday!
Hi! I'm opening my very own shop on Monday and finally got all of my equipment, coffee, etc. But for some reason I couldn't pull a shot today. I checked my grind, checked all sorts of things. It almost seems like I don't have enough water pressure. B
Read more…How long should one wait to cup after roasting?
How long should one wait to cup after roasting? Is there any school of thought about this? The beans are going to off-gas quite a bit and this will change the flavor through the following days/hours. Are there flavors that we should seek in a just ro
Read more…Mexican Barista Championship
Watch one my favorite national barista championships: the Mexican Barista Championship. Live online video today through Saturday. Finals are on Saturday. http://www.competenciamexicanadebaristas.com/
Read more…Vintage timeless Coffee
We offer the finest organic and fairly-traded coffee, espresso and tea we can get our hands on. Also Brown's Bakery pastries and Kolache Kitchen for sandwiches and sausage rolls.
Read more…How do I say 'No loitering' and 'No Carry-ins' politely and creatively?
Our shop is next door to a high school; which is truly a mixed blessing. The students bring great business and the lunch rushes are a lot of fun. The flip side to this are the students who skip school, steal, loiter, and litter. How do I clearly post
Read more…