This Wall St. Journal feature may only be available free online for a limited time. It includes photos of Stumptown. Sounds like there are lots of recruiting opportunities for local coffee shops.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124242099361525009.ht
Any help? I've been looking on this website and craigslist a lot. Also what is an expected pay rate for a 2yr expierenced barista? Im thinking $10/hr. Thoughts? Thanx :]
My husband and I are relatively new owners of a coffee shop in an upscale, suburban location. The shop is open 24 hours and our busiest time of day is in the evening, from 7pm - 1am. While every seat is packed the major demographic is college student
This question, in different forms, has come up before on other forums, and in business plans. It touches on one direct question, and generates another question; whether "multi-tasking" is as efficient as seperating the major tasks.
How many minutes/
I feel like there's been a lot of introspection within the "Third Wave" coffee community lately, and I'd like to add to it with consideration to the creamer station. We all know the feeling of pulling a good shot of espresso, only for it to be downed
This has been a growing curiosity of mine, So I will pose the question and open it up for discussion.
In espresso extraction the variables are many (Barista, temperature, grind, dose, gas content of coffee dependent on day, etc.) There seems to be c
Coffee tastes best sipped by the seashore. How lucky I am to awake each morning in love with my profession - owning and operating my adorable little coffee shop. Making delicious espresso drinks are just a part of the entire picture that compliment m
Hi everyone, just thought I'd help out anyone trying to diagnose their wiring problems or rewire their La Marzocco Linea espresso machines with the following wiring diagram available at:
EspressoLiquidators.com-> Diagrams
I'll have more diagrams so
Hey everyone. I know I haven't had much to say on here, but i am about to become much more involved!! I have decided to open my own place. I am looking at 2 group and 3 group machines, vita mix blenders, and the lot. I am wondering if you guys can gi
Calling all BARISTAS! Ben Kaminsky was a last minute entry in the US Cup Tasters Championship in Atlanta last month. In a tight, multiple heat elimination process Ben was narrowed down to three finalists Andy (with the unique slurp technique), Geoff
I am looking for an old school paddle group la marzocco gs (either two or one group, though I'd be open to other options).... I really want one that needs a lot of work because I have an itch to do a "summer hot rod" project on a machine. Anyone have
Closed 2nd Store & have equipment for sale including this wonderful machine gaurenteed to be fully functional. 3 years old, cleaned daily, and recently serviced. Will deliver free within 50 miles of Philly, ship, or other arrangements can be made. Si
Laranzato 2gp Auto New with Warranty (Demo at SCAA show)
This is a very nice machine with a whole lot of features. ME 2gp.
http://www.laranzato.com/2-3-group.html#ME2plus
Call me 770-995-8144
buckheadcoffee@bellsouth.net
We also roast coffee and s
To celebrate the world of barista competitions and just how incredible and creative our little, big world can be I am proposing 51 weeks, 51 beverages or 51:51. This is to bring our customer base at local cafes closer to the world of specialty coffee
I'm curious as to how many people have more than one espresso available for their customers (not counting decaf)?
I know that Billy Wilson has three available in his new shop, BARISTA. There are obvious challenges, but it also seems like a great mov
I have a Brand New (Demo) machine that we used at the SCAA as a demo.
Rancilio Classe 8 DE Tall. Full Manufacturer's warranty. $7,400.00
Also a Spatziale S5 Brand New $6,800.00
Give us a ring 770-995-8144 or email: buckheadcoffee@att.net
One of our customers brought back a drink the other day with a wax ring inside their now cooled off caramel mocha - horrified and while troubleshooting everything known to man as to why this would occur I wondered this: we use Ghirardelli caramel "sa