USBC Champ Mike Phillips on NPR This Morning!
If you listen to Morning Edition, keep an ear out for the USBC Champion Mike Phillips this morning; the segment was their "final word" before the hour.
Read more…If you listen to Morning Edition, keep an ear out for the USBC Champion Mike Phillips this morning; the segment was their "final word" before the hour.
Read more…we have noticed a design flaw with the creamer pitchers we use at the shop...there's a little gap between the vaccuum bottle lining and the plastic shell and cream has gotten trapped in there. We've tried soaking them overnite in purocaff, immersing
Read more…I'm looking for some new Cupping Spittoons for my cupping room. Does anyone know where I can find any for sale online that don't cost $700 each? Or does anyone want to make a couple for me?
Read more…Hi Everyone, We have been open for a couple weeks now(fantastic response from local community!) and have our grand opening scheduled for the end of the month. Any advice/suggestions on how to make it a huge success?? Things we should do, shouldn't d
Read more…When my shop opens, i'd want to display the work of local artists. Any suggestions on how to find local artists to display in your shop? What agreements have been made between you and the artist?
Read more…So we have a problem at work. Our espresso has aged only 4 days past it's roast date. So the shots are coming out tasting not so good... They are really bright and bitter. The shots start to drop at the right time (around 9 seconds) but they blonde m
Read more…I got this crazy notion to start a Facebook page for my coffeehouse, once it's open, and using the Facebook to announce specials, maybe passwords that get a 5% discount on something, updates, etc. Lots of the kids, and the parents too, I guess, use F
Read more…I would like to share some valuable information regarding the amount of used during harvest and post harvest coffee production. Since the World Water Day in Portland was a success, I believe more detailed information regarding the link between this e
Read more…This great espresso machine has been lovingly cared for. Maintained daily. Was used in our specialty coffee business for 1 year before closing. NEEDS A GOOD HOME!!! Please see photo of product plate for model details. Thank you for your inquiries.
Read more…Unfortunately I can't make the 1hr drive to Intelligentsia on Sunset Drive very often. Thankfully, a new independent coffee shop opened not too long ago in Santa Clarita called the Railroad Cafe - conveniently located next to the Newhall Metrolink st
Read more…I don't know what's going on with everyone else,...but I'll be streaming the WBC at my cafe, Mokas Cafe and Coffee Bar. We're working on a couple things, so I'll be updating times, etc, etc as we go along. I'd love to get some people together to talk
Read more…Milwaukee, more specifically ? My boyfriend got a job at Anodyne Roasting, & I'm moving out there in two weeks. I'm looking for a barista position out there. I applied at some Alterras, I talked to Brett from Roast, as well. Anyone ? Thank you :}
Read more…We are setting up pour-over bar and need a hot water dispenser. Why in the world these things are so expensive new, when all they do is heat water, is a mystery to me. I even sell Curtis equipment and my wholesale price is more than a digital brewer.
Read more…This is our shop in Fillmore, CA. More later, just setting this up.
Read more…With a passion for all we do, Fresh Foods Cafe serves up world-class coffee and exceptional foods in an ocean side dining venue. Watch our coffee master roast our beans in our oxidizer right in the dining room. Savor our juicy meats roasted to perf
Read more…I've been in the coffee business my entire life since I was born. The past few years, I keep hearing the term third wave thrown around. When I think I know what it means, I see people saying they are in the third wave who probably shouldn't be there.
Read more…'Spro...Cap...Sig...even Third Wave: What's with all these new words?? Americans, while attempting to make the coffee business our own, have bastardized something that we did not invent. Don't get me wrong, I love the recent explosion of good coffee
Read more…Hi all, Just wanted to pass along an interesting thing that a friend brought to my attention yesterday: http://the350project.net/home.html It's an initiative to publicize the importance of supporting your local independent brick&mortar stores. You
Read more…Makes for fascinating reading, as most of you know. My question is: what is the trick to registering a new membership? Is it a secret handshake? Are you granted membership once you join a secret society of professional coffee aficionados? Does it req
Read more…Three year old machine very well take care of, fully serviced annually and before it was stored. The Elektra would be a great machine for a Moderate volume shop serving 300-400 cups a day. Elektra spec sheet Asking $4500 or best offer.
Read more…